I can't breathe

Kat's POV

Me and my sister were waving our fans and hiding under our parasols trying to escape the cruel Caribbean sun as the ceremony took place. I was gasping for air against the tight laces of my corset and layers of my dress, holy shit I must be dying. 

After the ceremony Commodore Norrington came up to Elisabeth and started having a conversation with her "Sorry Kat may your sister and I have a minute." The Commodore asked "Of course." I say as I fled my seat went over to the side of the cliff and steadied myself on the rock wall. I look out onto sea it was truly beautiful "Good God I don't feel so well." I say to myself as I try to take a deep breathe but instead I accidentally stumble and fall over the side. Fuck I still can't break and within seconds I hit the water. It was quiet, and dark, and empty, and cold my fears then kicked in I'm drowning and suddenly everything went black. 

Light. It was all I could see. Mere moments ago everything was dark. Now, the sun was blinding me, it stung my eyes through the eyelids. I felt hands on my body, ripping my dress open, undressing me and suddenly the corset came off and for the first time all day, I could breathe again, I coughed, salty water came out of my mouth. 

"Never would have though of that" an English voice exclaimed 

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore" this voice was different, he sounded different. I couldn't put my finger on it, his accent or the way he talked. I opened my eyes and above me was a man. The first thing that hit was that I was undressed and soaked and one thin fabric away from being completely naked. The second was the man above me, hes seemed... exotic in a strange way. I stared at him, and he stared at me all I could notice is that he was hot, and his eyes were the darkest I have ever seen. I got lost in them. Soon foot steps approached us. 

"On your feet!" a British voiced yelled, the sound of swords being drawn filled the air and a sword was pointed at the man who had saved my life. 

"Kat!" 

I heard someone running towards me. A pair of hands dragged me to my feet. 

"Elisabeth?" I say confused as she pulled me closer to herself trying to cover me and that's when I realised my undergarments where wet and quite see through. The strange men had multiple swords pointed at him and still, he was calmer than anyone else here "Are you okay?" my sister asked me "I think so" I answered back still looking at the man the way he moved was different to. 

I noticed one of the guards next to him was holding my corset. Everyone looked at him, his eyes got wide and he dropped the corset and pointed to man. I then noticed my surroundings, I was on a dock. water all around us. I then realised why happened I had fell and nearly drowned  that man had rescued me.  

"Shoot Him" The commodore yelled. 

"Norrington" Elisabeth exclaimed  

"Commodore do you really intent to kill my rescuer" I said. Norrington looked at me, then at Elisabeth. It was silent for a minute he then gave the men behind him a small nod  and they all lowered their weapons. I looked at the man again, He smiled and put his hands together in a curt nod. But when his eyes met mine again I felt as if I was on fire. My whole body burned.  

"Katharine!" my father yell as he finally made his way through the crowd of guards  and wrapped his jacket around my wet frame I forgot that my undergarments were almost see through. 

"Thank you" I whisper embarrassed

"I believe a thanks is in order" Said the Commodore, bitterly. He held out his hand to my rescuer. He held his hands to his upper body considering if he should shake it or not. He put out his right hand to the Commodore but instead of shaking it he drew up his sleeve revealing a pirates mark a burnt 'P', Elisabeth gasped behind me. Why hadn't I seen it was very obvious his long dark dreadlocks, the pearls and beads in his hair, the bandanna across his forehead, the way he was dress it was so obvious.