"Why would I? Have you forgotten I was literally taken from my own bed at night? Why should the possibility of a date be first on my mind when packing and changing my place of stay?" I tried to make him see reason.

"Yeah but you were unfazed by the time you returned home, so I just assumed nothing life-threatening took place. If I'm wrong please enlighten me." Just because I looked indifferent it didn't mean shit.

"Well I did nearly get shot by a pink-haired lunatic, but that was before my childhood friend stepped in and called dibs on me and my safety." At the mention of Kakucho, I saw some playful glint in Jun's eyes.

"Yes please tell me more, I want all the tea."

"You aren't actually telling me to get together with a dangerous mafia member?" I raised my brow telling me he was stepping foot in a dangerous territory.

"Hook up, maybe, marry not likely. And that only depends on the level of his sexiness." I couldn't believe this dude, were we really such good friends? Wouldn't any other normal person tell you to stay away? Then again nothing about this individual seemed normal to me.

"I have no words." Was he projecting on me? Is this something he himself would try? He better not ask me for any connection to the mafia.

"Just choose one of the dresses that are present, because I will not step out of this house before the date." We would meet during lunch in two hours nonetheless.

"Yeah, and my work begins at ten so I only have one hour left before I need to leave." Finally, he made the final decision on the outfit and pulled out a make-up kit. Who would have thought that he would also have expertise in that field as well, even if he chose to hire outside help for the party previously?

"Now, don't mess it up, I bet it would be hard to snatch such a good match again." I just grimaced at the mention of Taiju being in any shape or form a good match. Perhaps for a gold digger, but let's be honest he wouldn't wed anyone but a good Christian girl, or that was at least the kind of vibe he had given me so far.

"You sure you don't want to try your chances with the guy?" I asked Jun because he seemed more keen on giving this dude a chance than I was.

"And be told straight to my face I will go to hell? Like no thanks!" I rolled my eyes.

"So what makes you think I will stomach his religious beliefs when my best friend will take a blow from his smear campaign later on?"

"I can overlook anything he says as long he fills your pocket with money." And what about my opinions? Besides my pockets were already filled to the brim with money.

"Is this your way of torturing me before my departure?" I urgently needed to ask this question.

"Don't jest, I'm just looking out for you in my own way. And since he is rich we all know he isn't there just for the money, isn't that a good thing?" I decided to stop arguing about this because it got me nowhere.

I arrived at the restaurant all dolled up while wearing a light blue dress adored by embroider flowers, with puffy sleeves that reached above the knees. There was a white ribbon clipped into my hair and Jun basically added to the whole fairy look by giving me subtle but glittery make-up, despite his endless criticisms regarding my personal style earlier. Now all I needed to do was get rid of the additional tail that refused to leave my side.

"Izana, you can't follow me where I go." I was stern with my words, which made me almost feel like I was dealing with a naughty child who refused to adhere to his mother's words.

"But I heard it is a date, you're obviously cheating on me." I rolled my eyes.

"You were the one that rolled with the whole relationship idea, I never agreed to it. So if you want to maintain your privilege to keep talking to me, you need to start listening to me more. We can be friends, I can hold your hand at times, but this is as far I will take it, do you understand me, young man?" His next big strategy was to scare me into submission, but like I would be scared of a mere ghost that couldn't physically hurt me. Yes, it was possible for ghosts to interact with me, but only in a way that wouldn't endanger my life, that was the conclusion I made from the data I gathered so far.

"We will return to this topic tonight." Izana sounded so confident in having the might to be able to change my mind on this matter, which I didn't find likely.

That's when Taiju opened the doors for me.

"Why aren't you coming in? The door was open." I laughed awkwardly, hopefully, he didn't see me talking to the air, at this point nothing felt real. I had a system that felt like some kind of bully that was pushing mafia members onto my lap for no reason at all, there were ghosts I could see yet no one else could and on top of it all I was stuck in one of my favorite mangas. But my future didn't seem too grim, considering there were stories where people had death penalties for not adhering to the quests.

"I was just taking my time adjusting my outfit you see." I wasn't too sure why I felt so nervous all of a sudden, probably because I never stepped foot in such a luxurious setting for a date nonetheless. That's when Taiju stretched out his arm leaving a tiny space for me to grab onto, where did the escort setting come from? Was he truly such a fine gentleman after twelve years passed or did someone like Mitsuya give him some pointers on how to act right? I was guided towards the table that was fully set for my arrival.

"I picked the best spot in the restaurant." It had the best view onto the aquarium to say the least, he then proceeded to drag out the chair for me, though before I could say or do anything he picked me up in the air and plopped me onto the seat himself.

"Was that necessary? You're doing this to show off your strength like what is going on?"

"What did that capture your interest?" Was he thinking I would overlook his flawed personality because of his good genetics?

--------------------------------------

Author's Note:

How good do you guys think the date will go? Do we have some belief in future Taiju? XD