Escape Plan!

"Well, if he sees you wearing this outfit so will I," Izana said confidently, for a split second it made me question whether I hallucinated him having major problems with Kakucho showing any interest in me previously. After recovering from the initial shock, I gave him a knowing look, letting him know he was full of shit.

"You mentioned feeling naked in just the shirt alone, maybe the additional layers will help." Kakucho pointed out, causing me to realize that putting the shirt on top would in fact make the fit less slutty.

"Great idea." He then placed the clothes into my hands and guided me back to the bathroom, at least the living guy had some courtesy to spare, despite his questionable career choices. However, the silence of the second ghost made me wonder what was going on.

"Don't tell me Izana forced him to keep his mouth shut around me, or was he only keeping his distance because of his stern personality?" I found myself astonished at the fact of how much power Izana had over his subordinates, even after his death.

I sighed and put the pieces Ran brought over and sincerely neither of them was to my liking. The undergarments which most likely were made out of synthetic material, were itchy on my sensitive skin, the lace hardly helped the situation. The dress in turn was way too short and narrow, which caused it to roll up if I made too wide of movements.

"Did Ran pick out the smallest dress he could find on the market? Because how come even someone with my build can't put it on properly?" I already had to pull it up twice, within the short amount I had it on. Thankfully the white shirt would make it harder for people to catch a glimpse of my exposed butt.

As soon I returned one pair of orchid-colored eyes followed my every movement, I chose to ignore the unwanted attention I was getting and focused on the more important endeavor, like the new mission that just arrived.

'Would You Rather sit on Kakucho's lap or tell him about the two ghosts that decided to haunt you?' Scanning the second option I knew it was a gamble, either he would be sorry for me for losing my marbles or he would scorn me for bringing his dead best friend into this conversation. No matter what our relationship was in Kakucho's eyes, nothing could beat his loyalty toward his king.

I shook my head, took the first selection, and was about to perform the task, seeing as the guy made himself cozy on the armchair again, but halted my movements when I realized it wasn't polite to just force yourself on the man. I scratched my head realizing the system was pushing my morals aside so I collected myself before pointing in the direction of his legs before asking.

"Is this seat taken?" He looked a bit taken aback, but he must have quickly realized I wasn't talking about the chair.

"But that's my lap." He pointed out.

"Yeah, and? Did I shutter?" We stared at each other for what felt like an eternity, at least enough time passed by for me to get cold feet and feel like running away. But I stayed firm still scared he would refuse my strange request that came from nowhere. Soon I felt his palms on my hips as I was being pulled closer towards him.

"I may need to thank Ran for bringing you to me." I heard him mutter, at the moment he appeared like a puppy that was touch starved.

"And enable him into doing it again? No, thank you." I really wanted to return home, rather than chilling at the mafia headquarters where guns appeared so often. He must have sensed my longing because soon I heard.

"Right, but for now I don't plan on letting you go." I raised my brow, shocked he would let this out in the open. I was to about to question his intentions, but the answer arrived faster than anticipated.

"I'm yet to convince you to undergo the surgery." His expression abruptly changed to something more obsessive and sinister in nature. Rather than letting it slide, I decided to put my foot down, establishing my boundaries like a girl boss.