Phonecall With Taiju~

It wasn't within my expectations to have Taiju message me so quickly on a Monday morning nonetheless. I reckon since he seemed like a busy man who took great care of his restaurant, contacting me would take at least a few days, but no. Yet rather than having us text back and forth, I opted to call him instead.

"That was unexpected." That was the first thing he expressed after accepting my call. Was he imagining that because I was a tad younger than him, I would feel more comfortable with texting? If so he was right on the point, but since it appeared like he had time to spare, giving him a call to speed up the progress was in my best interest.

"Did you miss hearing my voice?" I was flabbergasted hearing such flirty notes in his voice. My dude in Christ, we only knew each other for two days max. Could I conclude that the system had something to do with it? Like speeding up the process of these guys realizing they had some interest in me and acting on those cues as fast as possible? I surely could understand Shuji behaving like a total simp, because of our established past, but Taiju too? He didn't seem the type to fall in love at first sight.

"Wait, wait, we hardly established the day of our meeting and you're already wilding out here by flirting so intensely?"

"Isn't it normal?" I guess if you found someone attractive then maybe.

"It is?" I found myself asking. The guy became silent as if he couldn't believe what I just said.

"Have you never been flirted with before?" Recalling Shuji and his demeanor, caused me to honestly respond.

"Just by one guy." He found my experience confusing.

"Why wouldn't anyone flirt with someone as pretty as you?" Aww, that was actually kind of sweet of him to say.

"You sure you're not lying to me?" He continued.

"Nope, people always stayed out of my way, as long as I can remember." Which meant there were fewer confrontations to deal with.

"But I found you to be quite outgoing during the party." He was experiencing a dilemma.

"Oh, that's because it feels like the heavens are forcing my hand to be more outspoken recently." Which meant most of my filters were thrown out of my window because I was getting used to speaking my mind so frequently.

"Then would you like me to increase the flirting just a notch?" Was he feeling bad because of what I declared, I shook my head.

"No, no, no... everything in moderation." I couldn't imagine what I would do if he became even more insistent. I also believed we would finally go to the planning phase, but he continued avoiding the topic.

"So you were playing hard to get, only for me? To catch my attention... well I think it worked." Now he additionally was becoming delusional, was this my cherry on top delivered by the system? Rather than withholding the truth I decided to slam him with the ruthless reality.

"No, I never planned on getting your attention in the first place. But my friend Jun believes I should get myself a sexy hunk daddy, who has a lot of cash to spare, so my remaining days on earth can be spent in bliss not having to worry about the money. Not like I have any financial problems in the first place." I was startled by his sudden laugh.

"And what's so funny? Huh?"

"I find it amusing and cute, that you keep on insisting on having no attraction towards me, but keep adding such gusty compliments at the same time." Analyzing my previous sentence, I soon refuted his claims.

"Correction! I'm just channeling Jun's thoughts into this conversation. So don't get too excited just yet."

"You sure?" He sounded sarcastic.