2.1

Summer

I didn't know why but I felt comfortable with Jack and for the first time tonight my mind wasn't consumed of my cheating ex boyfriend but the boy who was with me.

Unfortunately though I knew this night had to end soon.

Although Mum and Dad weren't home I knew Ryder would start to get worried.

"We should probably get going." I say.

Jack doesn't answer but nods in agreement as I follow him out of the building.

I knew he had something on his mind that he wasn't sharing with me and it made me curious.

What was he hiding?

We get into his car as he turns the radio on before we begin to drive back to mine.

The music played softly in the background as I looked out the window.

I've always loved car rides.

There was something about how peaceful it was watching everything go by.

We soon arrive outside the front of my house as I undo my belt.

"Do you want to come in?" Jack hesitates for a bit before agreeing as he follow me inside.

As we walk in I find Ryder and Archer sitting in the lounge room watching a movie.

Ryder sees us as he pauses the movie diverting his attention to us.

"How was the party?" He asks until his eyes diver to Jack and his cut lip, "What happened to Jacks lip?"

"Tyler and him got into a fight."

"Oh what about?"

I open my mouth to answer but soon realise that I didn't know myself.

All he told me was that he didn't start the fight.

"I said something he didn't like so he ended up punching me." Jack answers for me.

I wanted to know more but Ryder seemed satisfied with the answer.

"You guys were there for a while." Archer says this time.

"Yeah the party was pretty fun until the whole Jack and Tyler incident" I shrug, "anyway I'm hungry, Jack do you want some food."

He nods as he follows me into the kitchen while he takes a seat on one of the stools.

"You know you never told me the full reason why Tyler punched you." I say searching the cupboard while I hear Jack let out a sigh.

"I told him you didn't love him anymore and that you deserved better and you finally realised that."

I was lost for words.

"Thank you." I finally say while he rolls his eyes.

"Stop thanking me." He laughs.

"What else am I meant to do?"

A smirk appears on his face.

"No don't even think about it."

"Think about what?" he says innocently.

"Don't worry, just go grab the lettuce, ham and butter out of the fridge." I say while grabbing the bread out of the pantry as he does what I say.

I go grab a knife as I make 3 sandwiches.

"Enjoy." I say passing him a plate with 2 sandwiches.

Before I know it both of the sandwiches are go as I look down at mine and see I've hardly eaten half.

"Well someone's hungry."

"I'm a teenage boy, when am I not."

Once I'm finish eating Jack says goodbye to everyone as I walk him to the front door.

"You know I'm capable of walking myself out." He says but I could hear the amusement in my voice.

"Shut up, I know if I didn't you would have begged me to anyway." I say with a grin.

"Probably." He smiles back.

We finally say goodbye as Jack gets into his car giving me one last wave before driving down the street.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually looking forward to Monday.

(A/N It's my birthday today!!! (and also the Independence day for my American readers) so I decided to post 5 chapters at once so enjoy!)