1.7

I drove home thinking about Jacks plan.

I just finished work since it was a Saturday and was dreading the party.

Was it really worth going through all of this just for Tyler.

He did cheat on you, he deserves it.

I sigh. I didn't like parties and the only reason I would go was because of Tyler and I knew he'd either know something was up or assume that I must really liked Jack.

Either way I was determined to make sure Tyler knew I didn't need him anymore.

My thoughts drifted to Jack. I didn't understand why Jack was helping me but I was thankful for it.

I knew without Jack I would still be the oblivious girl who was in love with Tyler and he didn't deserve my love.

I finally arrive home as I walk into the house and drop my handbag on the floor.

"I'm home!" I yell from the front door but don't get a response.

I shrug as I walk up stairs to hear talking coming from Ryders room.

I peer in to see Ryder and Jack playing video games while Archer watches.

I walk in and look at the three slightly amused that the only person who's realised I was here was Archer since the other two were so consumed in the game.

"Jack what are you doing here?" He looks up at me obviously not realising I even entered the room as he signals Ryder to pause the game.

"I came to help you with getting ready, if you don't look the part people aren't going to believe you're my date."

I roll my eyes and flip him off before falling backward onto Ryders bed next to Archer.

"Hey how was work?" He asks with a friendly smile.

"Alright" I yawn before hoisting myself up with my elbows, "What have you guys been doing today?"

"This is pretty much it" He laughs gesturing to the boys.

"Anyway let's get you ready for our date tonight." Jack interrupts.

"Fake date" I remind him as he mutters something under his breathe, " but he's right I'll talk to you later, Jack come with me."

He follows me as we walk into my room as I walk to my wardrobe and open the doors.

"Okay so how am I meant to look tonight? Like what theme are we going for."

"Well we want to make you look hot but not slutty because if he sees you dressed up like a slut he'd assumed you're just trying to get his attention."

I nod understandably as I chuck clothes that would go under the category 'hot but not too revealing' onto my bed while Jack patiently waits on his phone.

Once I'm done I take a final look through the close until I chose a tight blue dress that came up to about mid thigh. The neck of the dress was low but wasn't too low which fitted perfectly for my look.

I got up and walked to the bathroom before stripping down and trying the dress on.

I was never confident about my body but I liked the way it looked in this dress.

I just hope it was good enough for the party.

"This good? It might be a bit tight but I don't think it's that revealing." I say opening the door and walking into the room as I look into the mirror on the wall.

Jack remains silent as his eyes watch me.

I felt slightly uncomfortable as I turned to face him again waiting for an answer.

Maybe he didn't like it.

"Jack?"

"Huh, oh um yeah it'll do." He coughs awkwardly.

"Okay well you can go back to my brothers room while I get rest done unless you want to help me put on make up." I say teasingly.

Instead of responding he gets up and exits the room without another word.

Alright? No snarky comments?

I shrug it off as I walk into the bathroom and begin to get ready for the party.

(A/N I'm sorry, I know I haven't updated and I feel really bad but since I've finished my last book I should be updating more now :)