0.7

I followed Jack from behind.

I was too consumed with my thoughts which made the walk longer then necessary.

Jack didn't complain though.

In fact I'm quite surprised about how patient and understanding he's been with me today.

We were meant to hate each other yet here we are.

He was the only person to comfort me when my asshole of a boyfriend cheated on me.

Maybe he's not so bad after all.

"What are you thinking" he asks me

"How ironic this is"

"What do you mean?"

"I feel like everything has been a lie, like Tyler isn't the amazing boyfriend that I thought he was, that he never loved me and that Jack Gilinsky isn't a complete asshole"

"I know, I mean I'm a pretty sexy and amazing guy"

I roll my eyes and try to with hold the my smile but it doesn't work.

"You know I don't think I've ever seen you smile around me" he says

"You've seen me smile before"

"Yeah but I mean because of me"

"No I have, like when you hurt yourself I smile"

"That's not what I meant" he says while rolling his eyes

I knew what he meant but I just found annoying him too entertaining to pass down.

"Well that's because when I see you I either want to hurt you or I'm waiting to prank you" I say honestly

"Well I like this better"

I look up at him and smile.

"Why did we even start hating each other?" he asks

"You jumped on my sandcastle and called it ugly so I punched you in the face"

He let's out a loud laugh.

"Oh I remember now and it was ugly, you just can't handle the truth" he says

"How dare you, it was the better then any sand castle you could make" I scoff

"I guess we'll have to have a sand castle competition and find out"

"You're on"

"Fine then we'll go to to the beach and determined the ultimate sand castle builder is"

"I'd like to see you try and win against my master sand castle making skill"

"Just wait princess I'll make you eat sand as you watch me win" he say as he snickers at his pun while I shake my head..

Before I know it we arrive at school.

School was obviously over since the car park was full of students.

I see Rider come out the front entrance as his eyes scan the car park for me.

Once he sees me he waves but when he realises Jacks next to me he gives me suspicious look.

He soon makes his way towards us still looking between is questionably.

"Hey man" Jack greets a guy hug making me roll my eyes.

"Hey, so why weren't you at school today sis?" he says with a knowing smirk.

I look down as the I think of Tyler.

"She had a rough day it's best if you left it" Jack answers for me

"Please tell me that you guys didn't ditch to hook up-"

"What the fuck, where did you get that from!" I yell

"Well you guys aren't trying to kill each other and I thought when Jack meant rough-"

"Woah okay time shut up" I say as my face heats up in embarrassment

I hear Jack chuckle making me glare at him.

"It had nothing to do with Jack I was talking about-"

I don't finish my sentence.

I knew if Ryder found out what Tyler did to me he would kill him and as much as he betrayed me I still cared for him.

"You were talking about?" Ryder asks with a raised eyebrow telling me to continue.

"I was talking about... Hannah"

"And why have you had a rough day because of Hannah"

"We had a um fight, yeah and now we're not friends so I'm really upset about it" I say while pouting

"Was it really worth ditching school for" he says rolling his eyes

"Yes"

"Then why was Jack with you?"

Shit.

"Um we decide to join forces and get back at her because she broke Jacks heart and we're out to get revenge"

I hear Jack scoff but I ignore him.

"Whatever, let's just get home. I don't want to be involved with anything" Ryder says

I smile knowing that I finally got away with it until I turn around and see Jack with his arms cross indicating for me to explain.