Episode 3: The Night Of The Comet

As Julian stepped into the house, his senses heightened by the scent of blood permeating the air, his eyes narrowed in suspicion. With a silent step, he followed the trail of crimson droplets, leading him to an unsettling scene unfolding before him.

In the dimly lit room, Sebastian hovered over a young girl, his features twisted in the throes of feeding. Julian's expression darkened with a mixture of anger and disappointment as he confronted his brother's reckless actions.

"What do you think you're doing, Sebastian?" Julian's voice sliced through the tense silence, his words laced with accusation and disdain.

Sebastian, momentarily startled by Julian's sudden appearance, turned to face him with a predatory gleam in his eyes. A smirk tugged at the corners of his lips as he replied, his tone dripping with arrogance.

"Feeding, dear brother," Sebastian replied casually, his gaze flickering back to the girl beneath him. "Or did you forget that vampires need to feed to survive?"

Julian's jaw clenched in frustration at Sebastian's callous disregard for the consequences of his actions. "There are other ways to feed that don't involve endangering innocent lives," he retorted sharply, his voice tinged with reproach.

As the girl's lifeblood continued to flow, Julian's resolve hardened, his determination to rein in his reckless brother growing stronger with each passing moment.

Julian looked at the poor girl, her eyes wide with fear as she stood trembling before him. With a heavy sigh, he reached out a hand and gently compelled her, "Go now, and forget what you've seen."

The girl nodded, her movements hesitant as she backed away from the scene. Once she was out of sight, Julian turned to face Sebastian, his expression a mixture of disappointment and frustration.

"You know better than to feed on innocents, Sebastian," Julian admonished, his voice low and stern.

Sebastian met his brother's gaze with defiance, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "If you don't want me to feed on them, I'll go straight for your delicious Ava," he taunted.

Julian's jaw clenched with anger at the mention of Ava's name. Without another word, he reached into his pocket and withdrew a small vial of vervain, swiftly injecting Sebastian with the potent substance.

Sebastian recoiled in pain as the vervain coursed through his veins, his strength faltering as he fell to the ground. Julian wasted no time, quickly dragging his incapacitated brother to the dungeon hidden within their home.

"You've crossed a line, Sebastian," Julian growled, his voice laced with determination as he locked the dungeon door behind them. "It's time you faced the consequences of your actions."

As Ava and Jasmine stepped into Asheville High School, the bustling atmosphere of the corridors greeted them. Audrey's cheerful voice broke through the chatter, drawing their attention.

"Hey, guys! Have you heard? It's car washing day at the parking lot!" Audrey exclaimed, her excitement palpable.

Ava shared a knowing look with Jasmine before responding with a hint of amusement, "Yeah, we got the memo."

Jasmine, ever direct, cut to the chase. "Are you still hanging out with that douchebag, Sebastian Nightingale?" she asked, her concern evident.

Audrey's demeanor shifted slightly, her smile faltering momentarily. "I'm swamped right now, sorry. Catch you later!" she replied hastily, making a quick escape.

Ava and Jasmine exchanged a bemused glance, silently acknowledging Audrey's evasive response before continuing on their way.

As Caleb made his way to school, he spotted Vanessa and the mayor's son, Derek Blackwood, indulging in some illicit activity. Disapproval etched on his face, Caleb approached them.