CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Great Time

AMANDA

TJ SIMPLY SIGHED and mumbled something about crazy women in his family. I had to agree with him. The girl was indeed crazy, but it scared me when he said women meaning they were more likely more of them. I felt sorry for the guy.

Then she grabbed her phone and made an exaggerated gasp making me panic as well.

"What's wrong? Is it an emergency at the hospital? Are we needed?" I already had my phone in hand.

"No. A friend of mine got arrested and she asked me to come bail her out at the police station. As if I have the money."

"Do you need me to come with you?"

I said at the same time Tyler said...

"You have friends like that?"

We both glared at him.

"No you don't need to come with me. But thank you for offering. I won't be long. Just stay here until I come back. Don't leave just yet okay?"

"Wait. What? What do you mean by stay here?"

She started running for the front door.

"I'll be back before you know it. Don't leave. Enjoy yourself while you're still at it. Give her some company will you Tyler."

The two of us were a bit bewildered at what was actually happening. I already knew it was a set up at this point. I mean I should have known at the first sight of the romantic setting.

"And Amanda?"

I stared at her with wide eyes silently begging her not to leave me here.

"I got you sis."

Then she blew me a kiss followed by a very suggestive wink before she grabbed the door open and stormed out.

There was an awkward silence for a few minutes as the two of us just stared anywhere but at each other. I considered just hightailing it out there and flying myself to Asia to hide from the shame.

"So... I think it's become a bit clear that we've been set up."

I chuckled looking around.

"I should have known when I was helping decorate the table for obviously a romantic dinner."

He raised an amused eyebrow, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"She made you decorate for your own date without your knowledge?"

My eyes widened in shock.

"This is not a date."

He chuckled coming to my side to grab a chair opposite him.

"Would you mind sharing this lovely meal that was elegantly put together for a non date just like last time?"

I thought about how I didn't really want to be going on dates so soon after my breakup with Kyle. It felt unnatural to me but then I reminded myself about the promise I've been telling myself to keep. I was never going to actually move on from him if I've never truly tried. I stared at his kind smiling face. Tyler was a handsome man. Obviously well established if he could afford a house like this. And I liked some of his interests from the time he took me out to play numerous games at an arcade because I was feeling down.