CHAPTER FOUR: All Of You

KYLE

OKAY SO LETTING her move on was now absolutely out of the question. It wasn't happening. Not in a million years. Well that is, I couldn't do it. It was nearly impossible to imagine. I hated just the thought of it.

I downed another glass of wine, giving my queasy stomach a little break from the scotch, as I perked down on my former position.

Now I fully regretted going out there. But after my conversation with Jason, I had somehow mustered the courage to get off my ass and dust myself up. Of course it was my bad luck that the same day I chose to go to the grocery store to try and restock my fridge and cupboards with real food other than alcohol, it would be the very day I saw Amanda having what seemed like an intimate conversation with another man. That idiot Keith to be exact.

So here I was chugging down burning liquor like it was no-one's business while my heart was in my fucking throat. It was unbearable. It had taken all my willpower not to storm in there and wrench him the fuck away from her. Now I had first hand experience of how she must have felt seeing me with Lily that day. It was horrible and I hated every second of it.

It wasn't like they were doing something wrong to warrant me feeling that way, but that knowledge didn't stop the clenching of my heart in my chest. It was still unbearable to breath. Each breath felt like a dagger being pushed further even with the hilt already halfway through.

A knock sounded on my door and I glared at whoever was on the other side of that door. If he knew what was good for him or her, then they would graciously leave with their heads still attached to their necks. A series of insistent knock, more like bangs followed and I growled.

"Go the fuck away!" If the silence didn't deter them maybe chasing them away finally would. The banging grew even louder and I tossed my quarter filled glass against it, the contents spilling all over the place as it made contact with the door and shattered everywhere. I smiled gleefully when the annoying banging finally let up.

"Now look what you made me do." I sighed as the silence stretched all around me becoming deafening.

"Asshole." I muttered under my breath.

"I would be really offended if I were someone else." I whipped my head around, my jaw clenching at seeing Samantha walking towards me. Somehow the alcohol had been in my system for too long so much that I was beginning to hallucinate. Way more than usual anyway.

I blinked multiple times wanting to be sure I wasn't officially losing it. The lounge room had officially become my sanctuary these past few days. Seeing someone else didn't sit well with me. Even if that person was only imaginary.

"I'm officially going crazy. What could be worse than that?"

I muttered laying my head on my numb arm that I was sure would fall off at this point if I so much as jerked it the wrong way. On top of everything else, this, wasn't what I needed.

"Losing your job maybe?" My frown deepened as I jerked forward and hastily sat upright when the imaginary image sounded way too close for comfort. Of all the people that I could have conjured up, Samantha had been at the back of my head. Way at the back. She was the last person I wanted to see in my drunken state.

"What the fuck? You're actually here?" Her mouth curled in disapproval and disappointment.

"Well, I'm pretty sure I am."