CHAPTER TEN: It's About Revenge

AMANDA

I WOKE UP WITH a huge smile on my face as last night's events slowly replayed in my head like a forbidden dream. It had felt so real and so very good to have Kyle so close to me. Of course it wasn't healthy and it contradicted what I had said but I had to give myself a little break. I loved him for years, a week's time wasn't going to change that.

Although my head was telling me no, but my heart, my heart screamed a big fat yes. I slowly pushed away the blanket covering half of my body and groaned at the feeling of my entire body. That had undoubtedly been the best night's rest I'd had in a while. My sleeping schedule was all over the place and I knew I was only doing damage to myself. But hey depression wasn't something you could ultimately switch on then off back and forth.

Control it, yes you could. With the right help and motivation. Mental health was that complex, you only needed a reason to push through the darkness threatening to swallow you. Sometimes depression was brought about when the reason for our happiness was taken away. The only way out of that space was to fight through it. Accept the situation as it was and try to find a way around it. The pain and sorrow would always be there but I think accepting that things would never be the same was the first step. And if things only got worse, knowing and believing that it won't always stay that way was essential. After all, storms would always appear before the brightest day.

Just then, I noticed something heavy around my midsection. I gaped at the arm draped possessively over my waist. It was deja vu all over again. I bristled at the prospect of what what might have actually happened. My eyes widened when I turned to around.

"Kyle. Kyle wake up."

He groaned pulling me closer and I felt my irritation rise up a notch.

"Kyle this is not a joke okay. Now get your ass up or I swear to God I'll..." I yelped when I was suddenly pulled down and a deliciously disheveled Kyle was hovering over me.

"You were saying something. What was it?" He smirked, whispering in my ear.

"Cat got your tongue?"

As much as his husky voice was doing things to me, I didn't appreciate the direction we were going. I had been serious about what I had said. There was a line, boundaries that shouldn't have been crossed. I pushed him away from me and scrambled away from the bed. I was thankful that I was at least still fully dressed, just as I was when I went to bed.

"What are you doing here? Why are you here?"

He frowned getting up and pulling his shirt back on. The only thing that- thankfully- was off his body. I wasn't completely immune to his half naked form but I didn't stray my eyes away from his.

"I came back to check on you like I promised last night."

"No you didn't. I said I would call you if I didn't feel any better."

"And I said I'll check up on you after work, even when you said no. Of course it was natural that I would be worried."

"No. I meant in my bed. What were you doing in my bed?"

"Do you remember anything that happened after I left?"

I frowned.

PROMISE: NEW RULESOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara