20: Road Trip

Luke sipped on the drink Michael was holding out for him as they were stopped at a stoplight. He swallowed the liquid as he sleepily tried to make out where they were but couldn't tell from the darkness.

"Where are we?" Luke mumbled, stretching in the passenger seat as Michael pressed down on the clutch when the light turned green. "Somewhere in New York," he shrugged, trying to look for a hotel they could sleep in. This may be a road trip but he is not sleeping in the backseat of his truck.

"Holy shit," Luke rubbed at his eyes, pressing his face against the glass to his right. New York was a few hours away from where they lived and he's always wanted to go but never got the chance to. Until now. It was fucking gorgeous.

Something about the chilly air and buzzing taxis occupied with drunk people made Luke feel at home. Everything seemed rushed yet calming; he loved the feeling of being an ant in a big city. He felt like he blended in and he's been begging to fit in with society for ages. Luke felt like he was on cloud nine.

"It's beautiful," he whispered, his boyfriend smiling as he passed by countless buildings and skyscrapers. Michael sighed as he found a decent hotel they could stay at for the night and drove towards it, yawning while doing so.

It was currently three in the morning, Luke had fallen asleep a few hours ago leaving Michael the road to himself. The city was gorgeous, it's like nothing he's ever seen before. He's been to New York a few times with Calum when he performed, he found it odd that he's played a show here to over a hundred people.

Michael parked as close as possible to the entrance to the office, his keys in hand after he turned off his truck. He smiled softly when he saw Luke looking towards the city with big blue eyes, the yellow lights making him look an odd shade of orange.

The blue haired boy intwined his fingers with Luke's stiff ones, getting his attention. Luke turned to him, a huge smile plastered on his face. Michael has never seen Luke so happy. Michael pressed his lips against Luke's, smiling into the kiss before pulling away.

"We'll wake up early, then we'll go out and explore okay?"

"Thank you so much," Luke slurred out, the words catching Michael by surprise. "Thanks for what, babe?" Michael asked slowly.

"Thank you f -- for," Luke paused to swallow a lump in his throat. "Thank you for bringing me here," he spoke slowly.

"Anything for you princess," Michael smiled, kissing Luke's lips quickly before exiting his truck and pulling out Luke's wheelchair with ease.
He opened the passenger door for Luke and helped him out of his truck and onto his chair before grabbing their two duffel bags filled with their things from inside his car and made his way into the office.

Michael was introduced with a friendly looking lady who shot the duo a small smile as they made their way towards the front desk she was sat at. She assigned them a room, or so Michael thought.

He furrowed his eyebrows when she handed Michael and Luke a card to open the rooms. "I -- uh, we only need one room," Michael spoke up. "There's only one bed in -- oh," her tight smile turned into a slight scowl as she took back one of the cards and smiled forcefully at the couple.

Michael waited until she was out of earshot before wheeling Luke into the room with a frown on his face. "Fucking prick," he murmured.

-

sorry this was short af y'all, shit is gonna go down next chapter though be prepared pls

thanks for reading! don't forget to smile ya little shits and I hope you have a great thanksgiving :--)

~ xoxo ~

Linda