2: Invitation To Misery

Luke sat quietly across his husband, fiddling with his fingers who seemed to be stiff and bothered him. He pushed away the feeling and convinced himself it was nothing though. He was just worried about his performance.

"It'll be okay hun," Ashton, his husband, assured him. His hazel eyes also held worry when Luke looked down at him hesitantly.

"I've just never played in front of this many people," he bit his lip nervously, an annoying habit of his. Ashton leaned it slowly, pressing a small kiss to Luke's thin lips before giving his husband a reassuring smile.

"We have a new performer joining us this evening!" Luke heard the announcer on stage call out. He gulped slowly as he peeked at the crowd from where he was standing. A lot of people were sat down, his own mum sitting in the crowd with a smile on her face.

"Give Mr. Luke Hemmings a round of applause," the man said happily, clapping himself before rushing of the stage as Luke walked towards the stage with his guitar.

He shot a smile to the pianist at the side of the stage, signaling for her to begin playing with him. Luke strummed his guitar softly, the song being delicate and soft.

He neared the microphone, taking in a deep a breath and winced when it felt as if he swallowed something sharp.

Come up to meet you

Tell you I'm sorry

You don't know how lovely you are

I had to find you

Tell you I need you

Tell you I set you apart

Luke blushed when he coughed quietly into the microphone, his fingers tensed as they attempted to strum the guitar in his grip. He furrowed his eyebrows when he felt his fingers twitching lightly but continued singing.
Tell me your secrets

And ask me your questions

Oh let's go back to the start

Running in circles; coming up tails

Heads on a science apart

The blonde swallowed forcefully as his voice began to slur slightly, unsure of what was happening to him.

Nobody said it was easy

It's such a shame for us to part

Nobody said it was easy

No one ever said it would be this hard

Oh take me back to the start

Luke quickly turned his head away from the microphone and coughed, gripping his guitar with all his might.

I was just guessing at numbers and figures

Pulling your puzzles apart

Questions of science; science and progress

Do not speak as loud as my heart

He struggled to hold his guitar, almost as if he was too weak to hold something so light. The blonde boy's voice quivered slightly as his throat seemed to tighten, it felt as if he couldn't breathe.

Tell me you love me

Come back and haunt me

Oh and I rush to the start

Running in circles; chasing our tails

Coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy

Oh it's such a shame for us to part

Nobody said -

Luke dropped his guitar suddenly, looking up to see the crowd of people giving him odd looks. His chest heaved up and down as he met eyes with his mum who was rushing towards the stage with a worried expression on her face.

And everything froze.

-

this is vv short and you guys are probably confused af

okay so these are all symptoms of his illness

im pretty sure all the symptoms don't just hit someone all of a sudden but I wanted you guys to catch my drift ya know

anywho, expect regular updates from now on!

iM SO EXCITeD fOr tHIs sToRY uGH I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT TOO THANKS FOR READING I LOVE YOU ALL VV MUCH AND I PROMISE CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER OKAY

~ xoxo ~

Linda

p.s. the first few chapters are going to suck ass ugh btw the song Luke played was The Scientist by Coldplay :)))