Chapter Ninety-Three

Start from the beginning

"X is on his way. I told him, he freaked out then I came here."

"What exactly did you tell him?"

"I said I was about to go get arrested and Mumbo was already arrested in chat. He started freaking out and that's when I left."

"We're gonna be the death of him one of these days."

"So true. Soo...She's back huh?"

"I can't believe she only came back to ask something of me"

"The freaking audacity of this bitch" One of the guards unlocked the cell door, shoved Grian in then locked it again. "You again! My father will be hearing about this"

"I bet your dad's as much of bitch you are.." They muttered thinking they weren't heard. They were.

"Oh they aren't living another day"

"G I know what I said, but I don't think that number should keep going up. You know X isn't gonna be able to protect you forever."

"Deep down I know that. But I can't help it. The urges get worse. The voices have been getting louder. I don't think I can keep going like this"

"How long have they been getting louder?" Mumbo made a successful attempt to change the topic.

"A while. Since Taurtis died I've noticed they've been worse. They seem angrier."

"What about your other family? The ones you're related by blood with? You think you'll see them down the line"

"To be honest, I don't think I'll make that effort. If Tommy reaches out to me sure I'll make the effort then. But I just don't think I'm able to reconnect with him after all these years"

"It's just been too long I guess huh?"

"Exactly. It doesn't seem worth it almost. And you can't get me rambling on about my issues and make me forget about yours."

"It worked for a while at least."

"So? What are we gonna do with her? How are we gonna handle this?"

"We...So you'd be my side if I wanted to kill the woman?"

"I'd give you the knife then burn the body. It would be our secret"

"Death is too good for her."

"Torture?"

"You think the watchers would like a new toy?" Mumbo was actually kinda serious with that suggestion.

"I'm sure they'd love one. Been a while. So just explain to me what happened with her?" Grian was sat on the bench, he faced Mumbo while sitting on one leg with the other one dangling.

"She asked to meet up. She brought out her manipulative side pretty much immediately"

"Then what?"

"We talked. Or well we actually argued. It was mainly me. She had the audacity to ask me for a favour after 11 or so years. When I denied, she didn't like that one bit"

"Right cow. Then? How'd you end up here?"

"She grabbed my shoulder when I tired to leave. I pushed her off and she was dramatic about it and pretended to be hurt. Then the guards got involved. A bunch of denying and then getting tazed, I'm here." Mumbo looked down at his shoes.

"Jeez X takes forver... Hey look at me..please."

Mumbo looked to the side a bit, not directly at him.

"You doing alright?"

"I guess I just hoped that she would've changed just a little bit in the time I was gone. Maybe I just wished she would've missed me or something. Like she texted me because she wanted to see me..But as always she wanted something"