𝒊𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑 𝒚𝒆𝒕

✧⁠*⁠。

✧⁠*⁠。

Jungkook POV-

Nice of me to assume that someone, just someone in this world could at least care for me. I guess I was wrong. I think I got the idea. I'm not made to be loved. No one can love me. It's a proven fact.

But why can my heart not cope up with this? Why do I feel so bad, so small, and so vulnerable even though I know that proven fact? I think it was my expectations. My expectations that maybe someone can value me.

I was just 5 when namjoon hyung left for the US to pursue his ongoing studies. Yes we have a huge age gap, but this thing never came in between of our bonding. I loved his company and he loved mine. I atleast had someone to call "family" when it was him. He stood up for everything I said. Whether it be wrong, whether it be right, no matter the choice, he was always with me. Never once did he raise his voice at me.

Then why? Why did he slap me today? And just because of something which I had never done? There is no one for me now. All they care about is marks and studies and how the fuck I have to become a doct-

i realised that the water droplets which were trickling down on my skin were long gone. Instead it was nothing but a dark shadow that stood in front of me. I suddenly raised my head above from my hands and then did I realised that it was none other than-

"T-taehyung?" There he stood, eyes blazing with anger and I wonder why. I wonder why becayse anger is something which sometimes associates with care. And that's the only reason for him being this angry. But then again, I can't raise my expectations.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here at this late at night? Do you even know how much rain is pouring right now and it's dark too-"

All of his words turned me numb inside out. His words that showed affection and care. His words that showed he was indeed worried. Why? Did he not just reject me? But then again I needed someone to hold me when I was cold and ugly and my heart screamed just one name. "Kim. Tae. Hyung."

J quickly engulfed him in a hug as the umbrella which kept us covered suddenly uncluched from his hand. We both were now pretty soaking wet but I could still feel warm in his embrace. Oh. And I also don't know why I'm crying.

"Jungkook? Are you crying? S-show me ur fa-"

"S-stay. Stay p-please." I whisper. I don't even care if I sound desperate now. All I want is him. All I ever wanted was him. I don't care if he rejected me. Because I know that he still cares. He cares because he would've left me alone if he did not. I look pathetic while crying hysterically but it felt so right that I could give up everything for just this hug. It felt like home. Home is what he is. Home, can be another name of kim Taehyung.

.
.

.
.

Author POV-

"I don't have spare clothes of your size right now. Why don't you wear something of mine? These should fit." Taehyung stated as he gave the yoinger a fresh pair of clothes, which were his and of course the younger gladly took them. He was freezing to death and he wanted nothing more than a warm shower. But he also saw how Taehyung sneezed a couple of times and guessing by this apartment, it most likely had one bathroom. Then what sho-'

"You can use the bathroom first jungkook. I'll make some tea for us. Or you'll feel cold." Taehyung said, noticing the younger's perplexed expression.

Jungkook soon smiled lightly but he did not walk away.
"It's your home Taehyung. So I think you should go first. And I'm not feeling that co- *acheww* cold." Jungkook spoke the last word softly as he heard Taehyung chuckle. And it was the most mesmerizing one. A sight which can't be missed. Atleast for the younger.

"Yes it's my home so you should followmy orders jungkook. Go and freshen up." Taehyung says, as he pushes the younger towards his bedroom and sighs, settling down on the couch.

"Why is this place so warm today? Is it because of bunny's arrival? Well than, sadly it's the first and the last time this house is warm then." Taehyung mumbled to himself as he closes his eyes and thinks. Thinks about what twists and turns his life had.

But he soon got up because he had some tea to make until the younger arrived and he wanted the aforementioned to not get cold. Knowingly or unknowingly, Taehyung did not realise that the younger had already made such a special place in his broken, cold heart. And maybe Taehyung ignored all those signs because he knew that too. Because he knew he could never move on from Jeon jungkook.

The name that held a special place inside the older's heart.
.
.
.
"Are you done making tea?" Taehyung heard the familar voice as he looked up and was stunned by the view. Jungkook looked so- so-

"Y-yeah. I-im alm-" Taehyung could not speak more as he lost his voice. He was stunned seeing jungkook looking so small yet amazingly hot with his clothes on. The way a few water droplets trickled down the younger's skin due to his wet Hair, Taehyung could swear it was the most astonishingly breathtaking view ever. For a moment he even forgot where he was standing. It was only that the younger's voice made his chain of ungodly thoughts break as he came back to reality.

"Oh my- hyung your hand is burning! Leave the cup. Now!" Only then did Taehyung realised that he was holding a hot cup of tea and he immeadiately followed the younger's actions. The pain soon engulfed him and he screamed.

"Ahh- fuck." *Don't think dirty.*

Jungkook marched towards the older who was unaware of his presence, but the latter soon got a mini heart attack as he saw how the younger delicately took his hands on his own and blew of gently to cool the older's hands.

"Do you have ice? Hyung? HYUNG!" Taehyung flinched as he nodded gently and showed him the fridge. The whole time, Jungkook did not dare to look into Taehyung's eyes as he was Afraid that he would cry.

"Why aren't you looking at me jungkook ah?" Taehyung softly whispered but soon widened his eyes when he heard a few sniffs here and there. That's when he forced the younger to look up and he saw the most heartbreaking sight ever. Jungkook was crying.

"Wh-why are you so clumsy HYUNG? Y-you know that I can't see you in pain. Then why the fuck do you still like to hurt me?" By then, jungkook was crying like a baby and Taehyung was panicking. Not knowing what to do , the older just hugged the crying younger, who seemed to cry more with the loving embrace.

"I'm sorry hmm? Hyung is sorry. Please forgive me? I won't hurt myself ever again."

"You better not." They both chuckled lightly and hugged each other more passionately. Maybe being like this was complicated. They weren't boyfriends. But it was something more than that. But they forgot to realise that this wasn't happening anytime soon. That this wasn't a fairy tale and it could never be one.

"Tae tae!! Movie night in the hou- what the? J-jungkook-?"