𝒏𝒐

*⁠

*⁠.⁠✧

"W-what?" For the first time ever, Taehyung's eyes held emotions. For the first time ever, Taehyung also had tears in his eyes. Well, because, he also had some deep hidden feelings for the younger since day 1. But the timing. The right person at the wrong time is a real thing.

"Yes. I love you kim Taehyung! I don't know how and I don't know when, but I don't know why I fell in love with you. Because- because you've given me nothing but pain all along. B-but, the day when you gave me that handkerchief, which was so beautifully imprinted with my letter, and also when- when you gave me your lunch because you know I did not have any because I got late due to studying, you gave it to me without hesitation. I came to realise it late, but those small things that you do to m-me, those- eyes that hold no emotions but still have some just-just for me, made me fall for you kim Taehyung! I love y-"

"SHUT UP! J-just- d-don't say anything" Taehyung whispered, as he stumbled back a few steps, sitting on the cold floor, with jungkook watching him with tears in his eyes. They both were crying for their own pain. The younger knew the older would never reciprocate his feelings, but the older did not know how and why he fell for his best friend's crush. Shit was so messed up and they did not know how to fix it.

Flashback( 2 years ago)

"Yahhh- you fucking-" Taehyung stopped cursing as he saw his academic rival, Jeon jungkook, sitting in an empty classroom, deep in sleep. He slowly walked towards the younger, not wanting to wake him up, which was strange because he could and he would annoy the younger with any chance he ever got. But today was strange. Today was strange because today, Taehyung felt that the younger was behaving weird.

He slowly took a chair and sat beside the sleeping male, who seemed lost in deep sleep. This made Taehyung want to stare at the latter more, and he did not know why.

"Why are you being so weird nowadays? Hm? And did you always have these long lashes and these beautiful plump lips? And what's with that pouting face that I used to hate? I feel like it's cute and which is why I think your being weird Jeon. I could never find you cute. Did you so something with my head? Hm dork?" Taehyung mumbled and he held back a chuckle seeing how the younger whined from disturbence. All this while only if he knew, he fell for the younger deep and hard, but maybe his own problems did not make him realise that.

A few months later:-

"Tae tae!!" A small dwarf jumped on his best friend's back who just groaned in pain. Plucking out his ear phones he saw an overly excited jimin, who was smiling and blushing like a teenager ( he was.)
"What's with this beetroot face?" Taehyung says, rolling his eyes.

"I-i think I like someone tae!" Now this made Taehyung get a bit joyed. He could not see his best friend rejecting the whole university just because they did not match his standards. Now that jimin found a crush, he was keen on knowing who the lucky guy was.

"Oh my god!! Who is it chim? Ugh finally!" Taehyung exclaimed and hugged his best friend who chuckled and patted his bets friend's shoulder.

"Let me breahe you asshole! And you know that person very well!" This made Taehyung get more curious. He just raised his eyebrows and jimin smiled gleefully.

"It's- JEON JUNGKOOK!!" the happy smile on Taehyung's face was long gone, but it was forced by a fake one. He did not know why his heart was audibly breaking at the name. And even if he knew, he decided to completely ignore the sign for the sake of his best friend.

"That's great! I- I couldn't be more happier c-chim."

Flashback ends:-

"I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong idea Jeon. But I don't feel anything towards you whatsoever. And-and about the handkerchief, I wasn't the one who wanted to give you this. It was just because of jimin that made me care for you. And did you not realise that I could never find a place in my heart for you? (Lie) Fuck off!

Taehyung mutters, annoyingly wiping off those tears before anyone else could witness, and walked off with a cold demonic face. The only person standing on the cold rooftop was jungkook, who's heart now turned numb at that harsh rejection. He knew he would get rejected, but he did not know that rejection hurts this bad. And by this bad, jungkook felt like being stabbed was much lesser than the pain he felt right then.

"Is our story over before, it even started?" Jungkook muttered, to his dislike, and stood up weakeningly just to get up and fall again. He has no strength left, because all of his willpower went into digesting the fact that his first time crush had rejected him, and oh so harshly.

.
.
.
.
.

"I'm home!" Taehyung mumbled and looked at the dark gloomy apartment, and sighed. This was the view he saw when he came from any outside activity. A gloomy, cemented apartment that had no source of light. By lights, one could see clearly since LED s were installed in almost every corner of the room. But by the literal meaning, he had no sense of light in his dull life. He did not have a family, and so he was that desperate to leave his happiness for his best friend. Because he did not want a gloomy house and his best friend was the only source which could keep the apartment lively and colourful.

Taehyung took lazy steps towards his bedroom and immeadiately fell on his bed. The tiredness took over him, and soon his eyes were closing shut due to exhaustion. But before closing his eyes, he saw a pair of eyes looking at him, and he was somewhat familar with it. But he was too tired to notice anything of such. So he just shrugged it off and turned around, letting those beautiful pair of eyes glance over his entire back, with a small smirk on the unknown's face.

"Hm... Interesting indeed." 

.
.

.
.

"68 percent? What is wrong with you Jeon jungkook? What are you going to say to your father huh? He's going to be so disappointed in you!" Jungkook looked down as he did not want anyone to notice those small tears which gathered in his eyes. He failed. He did not even pass. But he doesn't know why he got a 68 percent. Because as far as he counted, it should've been a 30. But he was grateful for the teacher who gave him those extra marks to some how pass. He had no right to cry, and that is why he kept on gulping those tears which were about to come out anytime soon.

" You're such a disgrace JUNGKOOK!!"

"can I know something- w-which I don't know?"

"W- you talk back now huh-"

"I asked something. Didn't I, mother?"

Edited because I felt like the chapter was too short