Sin City

Dialogue~

I've always taken an interest in the paranormal, ever since I was 13. I don't know why, but the thought of vampires, werewolves, ghouls, vengeful spirits, and demons being real and existing among us was intriguing.

I wasn't able to hunt at my age, but that didn't stop me from memorizing everything about monsters, like how to identify them, how to kill them, and how to dispose of them.

I'm currently 24, my parents died when I was 12, so I ran away to avoid the foster system.

I love going out into the woods, bringing my lore books, sitting up against a tree, and studying. I'd bring my father's old cassette player and listen to music, so it wasn't just the sound of nature to occupy my ears.

Once I was finally at a reasonable age to go hunting for monsters, I would go to gas stations and pick up newspapers to see if anything stood out. I would make my own bullets, use my dad's old gun, and go hunt.

I suffer from a rare condition called Chronic Migraines, which means I get headaches or migraines every day, with no simple cure. Most doctors recommend lots of water each day, to make sure to go outside and get 8 hours of sleep each night. But none of that works.

Since I was 18, I've been going to the doctors to see if they can help, but so far they've done nothing to help except send me home with ibuprofen.

-Into first person POV-

The engine huffs once I turn the key, trying to tell me that I'm long overdue for a new car. I back out of the driveway and crank up the volume, humming along to the music as I turn into the gas station. I quiet the engine and skip to the door, the bell above me rings, signaling the cashier to look up.

"Hey Niki" I beamed up at the cashier, who just so happened to be my only friend in the town.

"Hey Denny, just the usual?" The side of her lip curled upwards before her angelic voice rang out.

I walk over to the counter and lean on the surface, "Got any plans for today kie?" I hum.

She grabs the newspaper from the stack on the counter, and sets it in front of me, "Not unless you plan to take me out" She smirks.

Niki and I's friendship has always been the flirty type, she was into girls, so she hit on any girl who looked remotely gay, and I guess I was one of them.

"Only in your dreams, baby" I wink and grab the paper in front of me, sliding myself into a standing position. Niki blushes and looks away, as I head for the door.

I push open the door while facing kie, "Dream about me" I tease as my body leaves the door.

I shut the car door behind me and toss the newspaper into the passenger seat before I start the engine and drive back to my place.

Once I arrive I open the newspaper and set it up against the steering wheel, I flip through looking for anything supernatural. I shut the newspaper with a sigh, unable to find any cases.

I exit the car and walk into my house, throwing my keys and wallet onto the round table in the middle of the kitchen.

I shrug the shoulders of my leather jacket, causing them to fall to my forearm as I look around the room, my eyes falling on big, dark, red letters on the wall beside my door.

My jacket slides its way off of my arms and onto the floor, I could have sworn that this writing was not here when I walked out.

I walk to the writing and glide my fingers along it, the texture of blood apparent. I recognize the writing to be mine, just a bit sloppier, my mind moves to the topic of what the writing says.