Long-Distance Call

(Skipping a few episodes, cause I'm unsure of how I'd write them, and they'd just be boring)

The most recent case they had was at the Morton house in Pennsylvania.

I was leaning up against a fence, playing with the strings of my hoodie waiting for Sam to leave the building he was in and return to Dean who was on the phone with a man named Bobby.

I wasn't sure what Sam was doing in the building since there were no cases around for hours.

Sam finally left the building, walking up to Dean, eyeing me in the process, looking a bit relieved.

I keep my head down, and listen to their conversation, "So, the professor doesn't know crap." Sam tells Dean.

"Shocking, Pack your panties, Sammy. We're hitting the road." Dean says, standing up.

"What? What's up?" Sam asks turning around confused.

"That was Bobby. Some banker guy blew his head off in Ohio, and he thinks there's a spirit involved." Dean finishes chewing.

"So you two were talking a case?" Sam asks, sounding disappointed.

"No, uh, we were actually talking about our feelings, and then our favorite boy bands. Yeah, we were talking a case." Dean jokes sarcastically.

"So, a spirit- What?" Sam asks confused.

"Yeah, well, the banker was complaining about some electrical problems at his pad for, like, a week- phones going haywire, computers flipping on and off. Huh?" Dean explains.

Sam hums in reply, "This not ringing your bell?" Dean asks raising his eyebrows.

"Well, sure, yeah, but, Dean, we're on a case," Sam states, confused as to why Dean picked up another one and also confusing me.

I could have sworn there weren't any cases here, yet they were on a case.

"Whose?" Dean asks dumbfounded. "Yours," Sam states trying to jog Dean's memory.

Oh, right. Dean's crossroads deal.

"Right, yeah. Could have fooled me." Dean says looking down, and turns around.

"What the hell else have we been doing lately other than trying to break your deal?" Sam asks, getting Dean to turn back around.

"Chasing our tails, that's what?" Sam takes a breath and looks to the side.

Dean glances at me before moving closer to Sam and lowering his voice.

"Sam, we've talked to every professor, witch, soothsayer, and two-bit carny act in the lower 48. Nobody knows squat. And we can't find Bela. We can't find the colt. So until we actually find something, I'd like to do my job."

"Well, there's one thing we haven't tried yet." Sam hints.

"No, Sam. No." Dean denies it before Sam gets to the suggestion.

"Dean, we should summon Ruby." Sam finishes his saying.

Ah, so she is a demon. Noted.

"I'm not going to have this fight with you," Dean ordered.

"She says she knows how to save you!" Sam shouts enough for Dean to hear him loudly.

"Well, she can't!" Dean shouts back.

"Oh really? You know that for sure?" Sam snapped.

"I do."

"How?"

"Because she told me, okay?" Dean confesses.

Uh, oh. Drama alert.