Chapter Thirty-Six

Sawyer and Renée couldn't be happier than they were since their family had accepted their relationship. The whole family was ecstatic to hear of their engagement. "When do you want to get married?" asked granny.

"I want to first buy the ranch and build a home for Renée and me right next to yours, granny. Then we can get married, say, in two months?" said Sawyer.

"Saw, I've bought the ranch already for you," said his granddad. "Don't start now. It was selling three years back and if we wouldn't have bought it, the McLean's would have. None of us wanted them to live right next to us. Take it as a gift from your grandfather," said granddad.

Sawyer nodded. "Thanks a lot. I don't have words to describe how happy I am," said Sawyer with a grin.

His mom smiled. "Why don't you plan what you want to do with it?" said his mom.

"Yeah, can we see it today?" asked Sawyer. Granddad went to his room to get the keys.

"Why not? It's yours. Why don't you go right after breakfast?" suggested his dad. So after breakfast, Sawyer rode Challenger while Renée rode her horse, Cinnamon, and they went to check out their future home.

They stopped at the fenced property, riding through the enormous gates of their own ranch, their Happy Dreamz Ranch. Hundreds of acres of lush grassy meadows spread out in front of them at the end of the road with panoramic views of the mountains with the gurgling Bearhead Creek and its many small tributaries flowing right through it. They rode towards the sprawling homestead.

"This already looks well renovated and new," said Sawyer, looking around the beautiful home where they would start a family.

"Yeah, granddad had it renovated and ready for you," said Renée. "I never came to see it. I wanted to see it with you." She looked up at him, her eyes mirroring the happiness she felt in her heart.

They walked hand in hand, checking out everything. The kitchen was located off of a wonderful sitting room that overlooked the mouth of the canyons far away where the bison roamed about freely. They loved the master bedroom with beautiful views of the entire ranch, with its rolling pastures, the cultivated farm grounds, and wildlife roaming near the river. Adjoined with the master bedroom was a huge patio with a cozy sit out. It looked perfect!

"I can already imagine myself here with you, spending cozy evenings, sipping hot chocolate or wine and watching our children play with their furry friends!" said Renée, with a dreamy look in her eyes.

Beautiful, mature perennial flower gardens surrounded the house and Renée gasped, seeing many birds fluttering around. This was a home where she could spend a lifetime with her Sawyer.

"I want to build this into an equestrian property," said Sawyer, looking at the 6 stall barn, which looked like it needed a lot of renovation.

"Really? I'd love that too," said Renée excitedly. After spending the whole morning planning, they returned home for lunch. Later, Sawyer went with his dad and granddad to plan the renovations and construction of the equestrian facilities.

After a few days, Rhett and Adelaide returned home. Adelaide announced her pregnancy and everyone was happy once again. Rex seemed to have a misunderstanding with his girl, Ember, and she went away to Helena forever, leaving Rex heartbroken and snappy.

Ryder went to Las Vegas to meet Anastasia, who had come down from Los Angeles where she had moved away to. Ryan, too, went to Las Vegas, since he was always at war with the McLean family. They couldn't accept his growing proximity to Georgia.

The next few days, Sawyer was very busy with the construction of his equestrian facilities. The horse barn already had 6 stalls, which he developed to open up to a dry lot with an automatic waterer. They built a wash rack with hot water and a heated tack room with a powder room. Outside of the barn, they had an RV hookup installed. They built an unfenced sand arena next to the greenhouse by the residence. A second hay and equipment barn were also constructed. Every day, they planned thoroughly and built new facilities needed for a great working ranch and Sawyer just couldn't wait to start work.

"It looks beautiful, Saw. I love it. How long will it take to finish? I can't wait to live in it," said Renée, looking at her dream home.

"Ten more days and it'll be ready to move into," said Sawyer, proudly looking at their home. The sun was about to set, and the entire sky outside was painted in different hues of red and orange. The workers had left for the day and the ranch was peaceful and serene. They walked into their house, hand in hand. The house was still ready to move in, as work was only going on outside the homestead at the equestrian facility.

"I want to move in on our wedding day," said Renée.

"Me too. We'll have our wedding night here," he said, looking at her with hooded eyes. Renée blushed and looked away. She had no idea how it would feel when Sawyer made love to her. It was an unknown territory and she just couldn't imagine it right now. He pulled her into his arms and stared at her.

"Do you have any idea what we'll do on our wedding night?" Renée's eyes widened at the topic of discussion. Her cheeks colored profusely.

"Of course, I know," she whispered, trying to push him away and run, but he caught her and pulled her into his arms.

"Tell me, what will we do?" he asked with interest, his voice hoarse with desire.

"You're embarrassing me, Sawyer," she whispered. Sawyer crushed her to himself.

"Then I think we should start now. Have a rehearsal maybe?" he asked, his eyes burning with a raw desire as it fell upon her plump lips. He lost control and smashed his lips to hers. It was a sweet and lingering kiss which branded his name on hers forever.

He deepened the kiss, pinning her to the wall behind her, his body crushing her with need. His hands clamped hers above her head, as his mouth teased her mouth, hungrily devouring her, tasting her. The kiss was more exploratory yet passionate and a strange need spread all-over Renée's body, a need to feel complete, only Sawyer could fulfill.

She pressed herself closer to him while he pressed his own harder into her, pushing her further into the wall. His fingers tangled in her hair to get better access to her mouth. At last, he released her lips and peppered kisses along her jawline, towards her throat, arching her gently.

Renée's skin cracked with a strange need, making her want more of him. Her fingers went to the buttons of his shirt, popping them open one by one and letting it fall off him. She touched his tanned torso, lovingly running her fingers along his muscles, which had built up again like before. Sawyer moaned out loud, his breath hitching at her touch.

He released her neck and stared at her with a raw hunger in his eyes, which spoke volumes. His hands went to her hips, and he picked her up, wrapping her legs around his torso. Renée's breath was stuck in her throat with anticipation, thinking of what they were about to do. He carried her to the sofa and sat down with her on his lap. His eyes were dark and his breath erratic and heavy as his hands went to the hemline of her top and pulled it off her.

A warm flush spread all over her as his fiery gaze traveled all over her, taking in her lacy bra clad, heavy breasts. His eager fingers unclasped it and slowly took it off her. Renée watched the admiration in his eyes as he stared at her, mesmerized by her beauty. "Sawyer," she whispered in a needy voice, craving his touch.

He came out of his trance and raised his fingers to touch the rounded orbs, teasing them, caressing them with his rough hands. "So beautiful!" he mumbled, not able to look away.

Renée closed her eyes as a moan escaped her mouth at his touch. It seemed to trigger something inside his head and he lowered his head and claimed them into his mouth, sucking them, teasing them, making her writhe as a flush of wetness soaked her down there. It was a feeling she had never experienced before and it made her want him with a crazy abandon.

Sawyer released a staggering breath as he raised his head to look into her eyes. "Can you feel just how much I need you?" he asked, pulling her into his chest, crushing her to him. As they sat, skin to skin, Renée could feel how it would feel when they made love. It would feel heavenly, because it would be what both of them had ever wanted with each other!