chapter 9

Y/n pov

"Where are you coming from, Missy?"
"Uhm... I couldn't sleep and went out for a walk." I felt so exposed even knowing fully well that, as an adult, I didn't need to explain myself to anyone.
"At this hour?!" Tae asked suspiciously.
"Knowing that we needed to pull out the big guns to get you out of bed in the morning, this seems a bit far-fetched." Jin commented, looking at the other two for confirmation.
"Well, my Princess Diaries life has been over for a while. I had to adjust." I tried to defend myself again.
"Your bed was intact." Joonie implicated, waiting for me to snap so I could finally spill the beans.
"Oh my God, buzz off! What are you, the Spanish inquisition?! I don't have to explain myself to any of you." I fought back fiercely, crossing my arms in order to close the argument.
"We'll talk about that later on, but now, just sit down. We need to talk to you about something we found out while you were away." Joonie explained calmly. Just when I was about to take a seat, I heard the doorbell ring.
"It's Jimin. He stopped by the coffee shop to get us something to drink." Tae said.
"Why is he ringing, though?!" I couldn't help but wonder. They all knew the code to my apartment.
"He must have his hands full." I heard Tae answer as I went to open the door thinking it was Jimin, but instead, I found myself face to face with Jungkook. He smiled as soon as he saw me, looking absolutely spotless in his all black attire. I went on mute mode in an instant.
"You forgot your phone at my place." I hadn't even realized my phone was missing. He kept holding the phone in his hand, waiting for me to take. After a moment of confusion, I finally answered.
"Oh, okay, thanks. I might be a bit late, if it's not a problem." I couldn't wait to close the door, but he blocked it with his hand.
"Everything okay?!" He asked as he took a quick look inside, probably hearing whispers coming from my living room.
"Yeah, yeah! Everything is fine. I'll explain later." Just when I thought I was left off the hook, Joonie exclaimed from the living room.
"Please, let him in!" I squeezed my eyes in embarrassment. After a few seconds, I opened the door, getting out of the way to let him in. He stared at me a bit confused, not knowing who could be at this early hour. They all widened their eyes when he showed up in front of them.
"The welcome committee." I exclaimed sarcastically, making Jungkook chuckle.
"Well, you already know him." I said, pointing at Jungkook.
"I found them in my living room this morning." I explained to him briefly. Not knowing what to say, he nodded.
"He lives across the hall." I scratched my forehead to hide the embarrassment.
"How convenient! When you said you went out for a walk, you failed to mention it was in his bedroom." Jin stared at me, raising his eyebrow. Tae was making guttural laughing sounds, while Joonie was staring at me with narrowed eyes.
"It's not what it looks like." I raised my hands defensively.
"Isn't he your... boss?!" Jin pointed a finger in his direction while looking at me.
"Well... technically speaking, he's my husband!" I blurted out, taking everyone by surprise.
"He's your what?!" Jimin was the first to speak out. Everyone was so distracted that no one had realized he had entered the living room.
"When did you...?! Weren't you in Japan... for work?!" He stressed that last part, beating everyone to it.
"You both sit down and explain." Joonie addressed Jungkook, sounding purposely intimidating . I tried to hold back a laughter thinking that, in their eyes, we must have looked like a couple of teenagers eloping.
"Y/n, do I look like I'm joking?!" I cleared my throat and then replied, trying to keep a straight face.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh. It's just that..."
"I can explain." Jungkook chimed in, wanting to get me out of this uncomfortable situation.
"No! They're my brothers. They deserve to hear it from me." I assured him, squeezing his hand.
"As long as someone does." Jin commented, noticing the gesture.
"I need to make a couple of phone calls before everyone starts looking around for the both of us." Jungkook nodded, and I went to my bedroom and arranged the morning schedule. When I entered, there was an awkward silence in the room. I guessed they were waiting for me to play the ambassador.
First, I urged Jungkook to share his side of the story. Right after, I started telling them about the wedding.