~Chapter Seventeen~

(Keefe's POV)

"Can you tell me something about your girlfriend?" A reporter asked. Keefe grinned.

"She's the smartest, sweetest, most amazing girl I've ever met." Keefe replied.

The reporters voices became a loud chatter, slamming questions down in front of Keefe one by one, but Keefe was only focused on Sophie. They both grinned at each other one more time before the reporters started asking Sophie questions.

"How did you become stuck in a wheelchair?" One asked.

"It was a scooter accident. But I'm fine now." Sophie explained. Keefe couldn't help feeling a little guilty.

"Can you tell me something about your boyfriend's basketball skills?" Another reporter asked, sticking the microphone in her face.

"He's one of the best players I've ever met, and I'm very proud of him." Sophie said, smiling at Keefe as she said it.

"How long have you two known each other?" A second reporter asked.

"Since we were four." Sophie and Keefe said in unison, giggling with each other after. The reporters pressed in closer.

Their voices overlapped, and finally, Keefe steered Sophie closer to the door.

"Can you give her a kiss, for the newspapers?" One reporter asked. Keefe glanced at Sophie. When she gave him 'the look' he leaned in and kissed her, and the reporters snapped pictures until finally, they both scrambled out of the room.

"That was awkward..." Sophie mumbled. Keefe laughed.

"Tell me about it." He smirked. "But I'm never upset about kissing my girl." Sophie blushed.

"Wanna go get lunch?" Sophie suggested.

"Sure."

**********************************************************************

(Sophie's POV)

I never imagined dating a super hot basketball player would be that... Busy. I could even see people staring at us as we ate.

"We need some alone time." Keefe decided, taking both of my hands from across the booth we were sitting in. I grinned and nodded. He could practically read my mind.

"You're so cute, people are staring at you all the time." Sophie teased. Keefe smirked.

"Including you?"

She blushed, giving away her answer. Keefe grinned.

Suddenly, the waiter came in with a clipboard. Her eyes widened when she saw Keefe.

"Are you Keefe Sencen? I saw your basketball game on Friday!" She exclaimed. Keefe grinned.

"Yeah. Thanks for supporting my team." Keefe replied.

"Can I get a picture?" She asked. Keefe nodded and they snapped a picture before they ordered and she brought their food.

"I swear, people are stalking you." Sophie muttered as people stared at them through the restaurant windows.

"Yeah, definitely." He looked kinda proud. "Oh, right, I have enough money that I can pay for bodyguards. Wanna do that?" Sophie's eyes widened.

"Seriously? That would be amazing." Sophie admitted. Keefe grinned.

"Alright. I'll call my guy tomorrow, and then it'll just be you and me." Keefe decided. Sophie grinned, fiddling with a piece of her hair.

"So... Do you think you're gonna move on to the NBA?" Sophie asked quietly. Keefe laughed.