TEN

The next day, Perth walked into Nanon's law firm. He was greeted with a nice intern and small bottles of water. As he waited for his Phi, he looked at all the people at desks and in suits. He then looked down to his black loose button up shirt and blue jeans.

"I didn't think you'd visit me already," Nanon said as he walked down a hall towards the spot where Perth was told to wait.

"Hi Phi, check you out. You're looking nice and professional. Like a lawyer?" Perth teased him as they both went in for a hug.

"Owww you smell good, much better than you did in school," he replied with a snicker.

As they broke away from the embrace, Perth attempted to smack his head. Nanon dodged it and stepped backwards.

"So I'm guessing you're coming by to just catch up. We can-" Nanon started saying before Perth cut him off.

"Actually, P'Non, I hate to say no. That's not why I came by today."

"What? Don't tell me you suddenly want a favor from me?" He said as he looked to the side in a sassy way.

"Sorry Phi. But yes, kind of. I swear it's not a big favor," Perth said, trying to seem apologetic.

"You don't need a lawyer, do you? I'm sure your family has plenty of people to help with whatever legal matters you have," Nanon said with a questioning expression.

"No. Nothing like that," Perth replied as he waved his hands in front of him. "I came to ask if you perhaps had Chimon's number or maybe his address or anything..." he said as he faded on, suddenly feeling a bit embarrassed by the question.

"Chi? Why do you- Wait! The other night did you two" the older guy said in a surprised tone.

Perth quickly looked down to the floor with a sense of shyness swelling in him. He kicked his black leather boots together.

Nanon put a hand on his shoulder, "Did you two hit off that night at the bar? He did seem a little flustered, but I didn't realize that you two were into each other." His eyebrows raised, and a big smile formed on his face, he looked proud of his two friends.

"Yeah, it was something like that. But I didn't get his number..." Perth muttered, with a pinky tint coming to his ears.

"This is very exciting! Two lovely people getting together, and I will be the one to help you," Nanon said in a boastful voice. "I'll definitely give you all his information. His cellphone number, his work number, his work address, his home address, his car number, what else?"

"Woah, really? I mean you don't have to give me all of that," Perth said with emphasis on 'all.'

Smiling Perth listened to everything else that Nanon said as he gave him his phone numbers and addresses.

Then as Perth left the law firm, he walked towards his car as he looked up the location of Chimon's office building. He was on his way to his work.

At Chimon's finance agency, he went through his day according to his appointments. Leaving a meeting, he felt tired. Then walking into his office, wearing a beige suit, a dark brown tie and brown leather shoes. As he sunk into his chair at his large desk, he noticed a flashing light on his desk phone.

"A voicemail? Who could that be?" He whispered aloud to himself.

Pressing the button the audio came on: "Hey mister grump, this is Perth. Why'd you leave me there the other night? I'll be at your office soon, cutie"

With wide eyes, Chimon was speechless. He looked at the phone again, trying to check the time of the voicemail on the small screen.

"How did he..."