TWO

A few hours later, Chimon walked up to the garage where Perth leaned against the wall. The dark grey paneling of the wall contrasted the bright blues, pinks, and oranges of the setting sky.

At the same time, Perth was fidgeting with the pocket knife on his keychain. He cleared his throat before talking to Chimon. "Finally, I've been waiting," he said.

"Well I'm here, aren't I? Besides you made me wait last time. So now it was your turn," Chimon replied with a snarky attitude. He crossed his arms and stared him down.

Perth returned his stare for a few moments before shaking his head and turning away. "Follow me," he said and walked towards the same office they were in earlier in the day.

Chimon reluctantly followed while biting the inside of his lip. It was the only thing he could do to calm his hostility. He narrowed his eyes at the man in front of him who had a mix of dark and medium brown hair. He wore a black tank top and a tattered brown mechanic shirt over top.

"You can sit down this time. It'll be a while. Even more so, since your car isn't quite done," Perth said as he walked to his computer.

Chimon was annoyed by this new information. "What do you mean it's not finished!?"

"Exactly what I just said. It's not done yet."

"You're joking right? You had several hours to work on it!"

"Hey! Calm down. There's no need to start with your yelling again." 

Chimon sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk. "Ugh! Fine." Glaring at Perth, he snapped at him in a lower volume, "Are you incompetent? You had several hours to complete the needed maintenance."

Perth looked away and to the computer screen. "I think it's best if you keep quiet..." He licked his lips and then stared back to Chimon, "or else."

"Or else? Or else, what?"

"Maybe it's best if we just leave at that," Perth replied in a calm tone. Then something began printing in the next room. He got up, muttering, "I'll be back."

Chimon sat back and crossed his arms again, biting his tongue. Then, he watched as Perth reentered, who skimmed over the freshly printed document.

As Perth sat in the chair beside Chimon, he slid the paper to him. "Okay, here's the breakdown."

Chimon clicked his tongue and read the sheet. It had a lot of numbers and short descriptions of parts and the maintenance he was going to pay for.

As he perused through the paper, Perth observed him. He noticed the silver chain that hung around his neck and the features of his body like the shape of his ear. After a minute,"Done yet?" Perth asked in a sharp tone. About half a meter away, Chimon turned to look at him, squinting at the mechanic.

Perth smirked at the snappy guy. "You know what? I didn't realize how cute you were, but maybe thats only when you're not barking at me." Which made Chimon slowly blush, but still glared at him. Perth continued, "Anyway, the grand total comes to 57,000 baht, which ends up being over the estimate I gave you."

With his ears showing the slightest pink shade, Chimon continued to glare at him.

Perth looked him in eye, making a surprisingly innocent and almost flirty face to him. "Do you have anything to say, or are you going to keep giving me such a cute look?"

This catches Chimon off guard, he starts blushing even more. "W-well I- I ummm..."He stumbles over his words and tries to pick up the paper to cover his face, acting like he's reading something.

Perth simply smirks at the effect he has on Chimon.

After a deep breath, Chimon looks for the total. "It is 57,000 Baht, hmph..." he glared back at Perth once again. "You trying to rob me? Theres no way this adds up. That's about 7,000 baht more than the already over estimated price from earlier!"

In a stern voice, Perth said, "I know. That's just how much that one part ended upbeing."

"If I knew, I wouldn't have come to this place."

"Yeahhhh. Maybe, just maybe, I can get you a deal from the main boss. Give me a few minutes," he said with a grunt out the door. Perth was gone, out of the room, and up the stairs into another office.

Meanwhile, Chimon sat by himself. The garage was kind of quiet. There was one other worker that was changing an oil filter by himself, and outside there were a few birds squawking in the distance. Chimon sat in the chair, rubbing his hands on his legs and looking around the office.

After a few minutes, suddenly, there was a loud, "Hell no!" This raspy exclamation echoed through the building.

Chimon looked out the door towards the man who caused the echo, though he couldn't see him. Then came a "I said no!" again in a raspy tone that sounded like the man had been a smoker his whole life.

Chimon rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone again. He checked the time and then his latest messages.

Upstairs in the other office, Perth was arguing with the owner of the auto shop. He asked to take off 5,000 baht or for a coupon. The two went back and forth arguing with each other. Until finally, Perth gave up on the stubborn older man.

At least ten minutes passed when Perth returned to his office where he left Chimon. "Hey."

Chimon looked up to the mechanic. "Are there always people yelling in this place?"

Perth smirked, "No, only when you're here I guess."

Chimon slowly shook his head, but smiled.

"Look, I can't exactly get you a discount. And you're probably going to start yelling again, mister grump. But you'll need to come back for your car tomorrow afternoon."

The smile turned to a frown quickly when Chimon heard this. "Ughhh! Really!?" He scrunched his face and shot an annoyed look to Perth.

"I knew you'd start trying to yell again."

Chimon stood up aggressively, "you made me sit around here waiting forever, you're over charging me, and now you sending me off?!"

Perth leaned up against the door. "I know. But you made me wait for you to come back, so I guess this was pay back," he said with a devilish grin.

Chimon just glared and walked up to him. He was only a few centimeters shorter than him, so he looked up to meet his eyes. "I'll be here tomorrow at 3pm sharp. You better have my car ready. I'm tired of dealing with such a damn incompetent asshole like you." Then he squeezed by and walked off before Perth could reply.

Perth stood there, irritated and annoyed. He stretched his neck as he watched Chimon leave the garage. "What an irritating guy. Maybe cute, but irritating" he said to himself.

______
A/N: stay tuned for the next chapter🔥🤭