EIGHT

A/n: I just couldnt wait to publish these next few chapters ☺️🫶 The next two will be up super soon
_______

"Let's go out tonight! Come on! Don't be a loser Nong!"

Perth glanced up to his friend, "Maybe if you stop nagging me I'll finally say yes." He said while squatting down changing the rims on his tires.

"Okay okay...so?"

"Fine, Dunk. I'll come out with you guys."

"Yes!" His friend exclaimed as he pumped his fist in the air. "This will be great! You've been acting so bizarre lately I just know this will cure whatever it is."

Perth looked away from him. He finished tightening the new reflective addition to his car. Biting the inside of his cheek, he was feeling reluctant. He knew that Dunk was right though. He was acting strange all week. He was lost in his thoughts some days, other days he never looked away from the parking area at work, and a few days he was more annoyed than usual.

When he stood up, he looked at the tires, admiring the new rims.

Behind him Dunk slowly backed up. "Okay, you better meet us at the bar by 22:00 (10pm). If you're late, I will hunt you down," he said in a silly yet demanding tone.

"I got it. I'll be there," Perth said as he waved him off. Then he got back to his newest car, making all the best modifications. He only bought the car three weeks ago with all his preferences picked out: midnight black paint, black glossy rims, newly replaced seats, and more.

By the time he left he was debating whether to take this new car. Perth owns four cars, any of them would be great for a drive around the city or even to show off.

The new BMW was the one he chose. This would be a great chance to break it in.

Getting to the bar, Perth walked up in an expensive looking all black outfit. The bar was a little crowded with clouds of perfumes swirling in the air as people danced together, and taking shots in front of the bartender.

The slow sensual jazz music wasn't too distracting or booming too loudly in his ears as he navigated passed the many people around. Some nicely dressed men stood around the bar and beautiful women mingled around the room.

"Dude! Perth! Over here!" Someone called to him from a corner booth. He quickly turned to look at who it was. He saw his three friends sitting together.

"Hey guys," he said as he sat down beside them. "Joong makes some room, will you?"

The guy scooted further in the booth. Then holding Dunk's hand across the table as Perth settled down.

"I almost thought you were going to be late. Pond kept trying to bet me. I'm so glad I didn't take him up on that offer," Dunk said, looking to the man sitting beside him.

"What! I knew he wasn't going to be late! I just wanted a little money out of it," the guy said as he brushed some hair out of his face. 

"Sure Pond," Perth said with a sly expression on his face. He sat back and looked at his group to friends. They began teasing each other. Two of them in a relationship, always touching each other made him want to roll his eyes. But he didn't because he was use to their incessant affection.

They were right, listening to their crazy stories made him feel relaxed after a weird week.

Awhile later, he got up to get a drink. "I'm heading to the bar. Anyone want-" Perth began. But he stopped mid sentence because he saw him.

He looked over to the bar counter across the large room. There was Chimon standing to the bar with a drink in his hand. A fluffy head of dark brown hair and nicely defined jaw from this angle.

"Perth?" Pond said to get his attention. "Perth?"

Gulping, Perth muttered. "What? I'll be back." Then he fixed his shirt, making sure he looked fine before walked towards the bar.

His friends all watched him with confused expressions as Perth left the table.

He quickly made his way by the dancing people.

When Perth approached Chimon, a devilish smirk creept up on his face. "Hey mister grump, what are you doing here?" He says as he stepped beside him.

Chimon pivoted to look, stunned to see the man right in front of him. After realizing it's Perth, he said, "It's none of your damn business" and turned to look back to his drink.

Biting the inside of his lip, he gawked at the man with his bronze-tinted drink which was most likely a whiskey. Perth leaned in closer, "I heard you came by looking for me..."

Chimon's eyes widen at that. "What would you know. Besides what is a shitty mechanic like you doing in a place like this? You don't belong h-"

Then Perth quickly interrupted, "There you go berating me once again." Leaving Chimon with his mouth open as he faced Perth. Then in a whisper, "or is that your kink?" Perth asked.

Surprised by the question, Chimon stepped back and accidentally bumping into someone.

"Bro! What the hell?" His friend, Nanon said from behind him. "What's your deal?" He continued as he turned to check on him.

And as he looked at Chimon, Nanon saw the mechanic. "Perth what are you doing here!? I haven't seen you in so long."

Perth immediately smiled and gave him a handshake. "It has been a long time Phi."

Looking back and forth between the two guys, "you two know each other?"

Nanon chimed in, "Yeah, Perth is my Nong. I was his mentor in university."

"Damn, I didn't think I'd run into you at a bar of all places," Perth teased him as he nudged his shoulder. "Has anything changed in the last year?"

Shaking his head, Nanon said, "Nope, working at my father's law firm like I had planned. I still dread it. But you know, it's not terribly bad."

Chimon watched them go back in forth as they caught up. He was completely shocked that his best friend knows the mechanic he hooked up with just last week.

Then someone else called Nanon which he answered back saying, "Hold on, I'll be right there." Then he turned back to Chimon, "So you know Perth too? Or did you two just now meet," he said with a slick look.

"Well we actually-" Perth began to explain.

"We just randomly met sometime last week or so. We don't really know each other," Chimon quickly interrupted.

"Okay. Well, I'll let you two finish talking. I'll be over here with everyone else... and it was good seeing you Perth. Come visit me at the firm sometime," he said waving at the younger guy.

After Nanon left them, Perth turned back to Chimon. "So we don't really know each other? I would say we know a little more than that, hmm?"