Chapter 7 《The kiss》

Another week went by with problems and Third Reich stayed at home. Austria loved Reich more and more, meanwhile Reich was very confused by the feelings he had towards Soviet Union.

Reich was lying on his sofa and almost fell asleep if someone didn't ring the doorbell. Kira stood up immediately and ran to the door, barking.

Reich moved slowly and stood up. He went to the front door and opened it, but didn't let his dog past.

Austria stood in front of him in a lemon yellow dress that was probably made of silk. Third Reich was captured by their look for a short time.

"Hello Third Reich! I wanted to invite you for a little walk and a visit to a restaurant.", she told him shyly.

When Reich had himself under control again, he blushed a little.

"G-Gladly!", he stuttered, "I have to put on something else and get Kira's leash. You can of course come in if you want."

Third Reich opened the door wider and let her in. Kira came over to her immediately and licked her hand, which made her giggle.

Third Reich closed the door and went upstairs.

Austria sat down on one of the chairs in Reich's dining room. She stroked the dog while she waited.

When changing, Reich felt as if he had nothing to match Austria's dress. He was looking for something in the right color or something that looked somehow wealthier than his ordinary jacket. He didn't find anything as he didn't have a lot of clothes anyway. Whereupon he went downstairs.

"Are you ready?", Austria asked when she saw him go downstairs. He answered her question: "Not quite yet." He ran into the basement and went into one of the rooms before looking there, these clothes were for the most part too small for him or were so broken that they could hardly be put on again or were so old that it would cause him trouble, because he should have burned those clothes.

"There must be something somewhere!", he complained. At some point it occurred to him that he would take some gold with him so that he could buy a jacket.

Then he went to Austria and asked her: "Do you mind if we stop at a fashion store?" She then asked him: "Why that?"

He explained: "You look so beautiful and the dress fits you so well that I'm looking for something that doesn't make me look too strange. I mean that if I were to wear a simple Jake, for example, I-"

He was interrupted by Austria, who said: "Just put on what is coziest for you. You don't have to wear something expensive because of me. I want you to look the way you want. You don't have to match my dress with your clothes. I just want you to wear what you like. "

Third Reich was quite relieved by this. "Well, I'll be right back then.", he says and goes upstairs.

Austria just wanted to spend more time with him, but in no way wanted to make sure that he would buy something expensive that didn't suit him.

He came back shortly afterwards and looked only slightly finer than usual. Austria liked it much better than having to see Reich in a suit or a jacket.

Third Reich took his dog's leash, but before that his guest said: "You look a lot better this way than in a suit." "Thank you very much!" He said.

They went into a forest together. Reich and Austria talked about funny events in their past. Reich already didn't know most of his past anymore, he couldn't even say about the things that he knew how they were located.

Shortly afterwards they went to a small restaurant and sat down. Kira lay down and the two of them continued to talk.

Reich even wanted to let her in on his family problems, but then decided against it. To him, his family problems are secret as just thinking about them sparked his self loathing.