chapter-12

'Who would have come now? Maybe mum.' Mini thought.

"Mom, I told you I'd be fine here. You do not need to-" She stopped speaking when she saw that it was not her mother but Ethan standing at the gate with a big smile on his face.

But when he saw her swollen eyes the smile disappeared from his face.

'Did she cry again? This means that my suspicions were correct.' Ethan thought.

'Oh no! I didn't expect mom to tell him about my whereabouts. And my eyes, my eyes are swollen. Now he must have known for sure that I had cried. And now he must be thinking 'what kind of crybaby she is.' Mini thought to herself with her eyes and jaw wide open.

Ethan stretched out his hand and closed her jaw.

"Won't you let me in?" Ethan asked, tilting his head to the side with a playful smile on his lips.

"Please!" She said, clearing his throat.

'seriously! To mom, I look like a 5 year old girl who can't take care of herself. I said I wanted to be alone for a few days, but she still sent Ethan here..........But still I am not feeling angry but happy.' Mini was still standing at the door, wondering in her mind.

"Mini, are you even listening?" Ethan asked a little louder when he saw that she wasn't listening to what he was rambling.

"Huh? Sorry. Can you repeat again?" Mini asked while closing the door and went near him.

"Nothing. I was just asking if you are angry with me because I came here without asking you. So are you?" Ethan asked, looking at her innocently.

"No, not at all." She said waving her hand.

Ethan showed a big smile.

"Have you had your dinner?" Mini asked him.

"Umm...no." Ethan replied, slightly embarrassed and scratching his head.

Well, don't know why, but he will always forget his bossy, cold, arrogant and domineering attitude in front of her.

"No problem. Anyway, I had made more than required. And I think that will be enough to fill your stomach." Mini said and moved towards the dining table and picked up the plate and placed it in the microwave.

"And what about you? Did you had your meal?"

"Yes" Mini replied without any hesitation.

When Mini went to the kitchen, Ethan also followed her and after hearing Mini's answer, his eyes went towards the sink.

'Why are you lying? Now I am not feeling good at all, I should not have come empty handed like this. It might not have been home cooked food but I could have brought parcels from the restaurant but no, I was so lost in my own world that I didn't think of anything and quickly came here. And now I can't even refuse to eat. You are so stupid, Ethan.'

Ethan, who was lost in his thoughts, was brought back by the beeping sound of the microwave.

"Ummm......,Mini, I'm not that hungry, so will you eat with me, please!" Ethan said, grabbing her arm.

"But-

"Please!" He insists.

"Ok. I'll bring another fork and plate. you sit." She told him.

"Just bring the fork." Ethan interrupted.

".............ok."

Ethan happily sits and waits for her.