chapter-2

(Author pov)

Mom and daughter both were in Mini's room, she lay with her head on her mother's lap, and her mother was softly stroking her head, after a few minutes.

"How are you Mini?"

"I'm fine mom,but why are you asking suddenly?"

"Now you'll lie to your own mother"

"I'm not lying" *chuckles*

"Look me in the eyes and say"

Mini tried to avoid her eyes by looking here and there, but her mother grab her face and make her look at her and call her name ever so softly.

After seeing the love, care and concern which she was craving for, in her mother eyes she couldn't control herself and slowly break down.

Her mother pull her in her embrace softly stroking her back, after when she calm down her mother asked her again.

"Now tell me what happened."

"I don't know mom, now nothing is the same as before, everything changed. Brother sister everything has changed. And the most important thing is they forget me.

*sobs*

They have forgotten my whole existence. Did they forget that they have a younger sister. And now when sister-in-law has come who is just like me, so now you will also forget me."

"Now I'm getting scared that when I leave this house, you too will forget about me by being engrossed in your fun.

*chuckles sadly*

You must be feeling that I'm behaving like a child, right?
( Mia shook her head as no).
But I'm really filled inside so much that now I feel like it's suffocating."

"You know how jealous I feel when I see others having fun with their sister, brother sister-in-law. Do you know how many dreams I had that when my sister-in-law would come we would go here, go there, do this, do that, but it all got shattered when I came to know that she doesn't like me."

"Why mom am I that bad?"

"I'm fed up now acting all happy when in reality I am not. Now this house doesn't feel like home, it feels like hell. I am tired mom, I'm tired" *crying hard*

"Shhhh I'm sorry mom wasn't there for you when you needed her the most I'm so sorry"

"No mom you don't have to be sorry, infact I'm sorry for overreacting like this. Your daughter is so pathetic mom."

"No Mini, you're not being pathetic anyone would react like this infact more than you.
And first tell me who tell you that now Misha has come we'll forget you"

"I feel like this because she is kind of like me infact uncles and aunties also said that we're like twins so I feel like after I am gone you guys won't miss me."

"Mini you are my heart so, how can I live without my heart Hmm." Mini smiled.

"Mom stop being cheesy, and nice way to make me smile."

"It's true I'm not being cheesy, ok."

"Yeah yeah fine."

"Mini now promise me whenever you feel low or hurt you'll always come to me and won't keep it to yourself, promise"

"Ok mom,...........btw thank you mom I'm feeling very light now all because you, thank you so much."

"I'm your mother you don't have to thank me ok. And Mini please don't waste your tears and time on them they are not worth it, even if they are also my child they don't have any right to ignore you or make you cry like this, I'm very disappointed with them.

*sigh*

Well I don't know about ava, but for Jack you were his cute little princess  infact whenever he came back home from work the first thing he would do is to ask about you, 'where is Mini, did she ate, when she'll come back', and all this. Then what happened so suddenly"

"I also don't know mom, after his engagement he suddenly started to distance himself from me, but after marriage he started acting like I'm nothing."

Again Mini broke down infront of her mother, Mia was doing her best in calming her down.

'I didn't expect this from them, how can they make her feel like this. I'm sorry my baby, I didn't know you're going through this much, I didn't know that you would start feeling so insecure about yourself. I just hope the decision we're making is right' Mia thought to herself.

When she calms down Mia asked her
"How's your singing practice going?"

Mia knows about Mini's passion for singing and was supporting her in anyway she can.

"It's going well, infact today I record 2 videos of me singing."

"Woah really, show me then."

"Hmm wait."

After watching the videos
"I knew you were good in this, but didn't know you're this best.......ohhhhh I'm so proud of you Mini" Mia said with an amuse expression.

"Thank you mom, I'm glad you like it."

"Like.....loved it sweetie. But why did you hide your face."

"I'm not that much confident right now, when I feel like I am confident enough then I'll reveal my face."

"It's ok its all up to you. Btw are you planning to upload this?" Mia smiled.

"Yeah I'll upload it before sleeping."

"Ohh yeah, mom you wanted to talk about something, right?" Mini question.

"Uhh yeah, but first promise me you will carefully listen to me then will say anything."

"You're scaring me now,........ok I promise."

"Mini I got a marriage proposal for you."

"Hahahahahaha very nice joke mom, do you think I'll believe you."

But when Mini the seriousness on Mia's face her face turn blank,

"Who would want this chubby and insecure girl to be their wife or daughter-in-law."

"Why do you always degrade yourself, huh? You're very pretty Mini naturally pretty. And do you wanna who send this proposal?"

"Who?"

"Mrs Smith."

Confused she asked again "Who?"

"Uhh...Do you remember there was a woman in Ava's wedding who was with you almost the whole time and talked to you a lot?"

"Uhh...........yeah, Maira aunty."

"Yes, She liked you very much and wants to make you her younger daughter-in-law."

"What did she see in me."

"Mini she isn't like that typical woman that sees outer beauty. your personality, the way you carry yourself, these things of yours attract her the most."

"Today in the afternoon me and your dad went to meet them and you know after talking with them, it did not seem that they are such a big personality, they were very polite all the more your dad and mr Smith has become friends now."

*sigh*

"Mini I will not force you but I really want you to go on this date, who knows he's the one for you."

"Ok I'll only go because I believe you."

"I'm sure you won't regret it."

She just smiled and didn't said anything. After a while she asked-

"When I have to go on this date?"

"Date after tomorrow 5pm."

"Ok, Btw what's his name?"

"Ethan Smith.