The end of the story.....

Y/ns pov

He's looking at me funny.
His face looks strange.
His eyes are huge and his mouth is open.

"Y/n." He calls out my name and the way he says it makes me turn. I don't know why but the way he says it pulls a tug on my chest, right underneath my breast and I can't help but feel wetness on my cheek.
I reach up and touch it.

Tears.......I'm crying tears.....

I don't have fucking time for this.
Stepping over my brother, I begin to walk down the walls of the prison and try to find my way out.
"Y/n!" He calls out my name again but I don't stop. I gotta move. Turpin is on his way to the bakery and Johanna could be there. Along with Anthony. Or not. There could be time. I could have time to get to them before anyone. Or not, if I can't find my way out.

Footsteps trail behind me and I know he's following. Trying to catch up but we don't have time. We have to hurry.

"Wait!" He grabs my arms and I freeze at his touch. Feeling the roughness of his fingers and the coolness of them make me wanna itch. I wanna snatch my hand away but I also wanna hold on just as tightly.
He tugs on my arm harder but I tighten my stance, freezing me in place.

"Look at me" he demands.
I feel a twitch in my head, almost like I was about to turn but refused.
I'm not sure if I can look at him. I'm not sure I can bear the pain on his face when I see him. Knowing now, knowing everything I know, he too now knows.

"Love, look at me!" He twists me round and grabs both my shoulders, holding me in place as I look into the eyes of the man I've grown to love.
And I hate that. I hate this feeling. The weight on my chest and pounding that drums in my ears. I hate the feeling of knowing I've lied to him and made him believe the lies I've told him. I hate that I've hurt him. I hate that I love him!
But I also hate that I don't hate it. I don't hate it and I hate myself for that. I hate myself........so fucking much.........

"What.." I whisper the words and my mouth feels so unbelievably dry, the words come out like broken glass. Sharp and painful. He looks at me like he can't see me. Like he's looking through me more than at me.

He has this look of concern on his face but he also has a look of defeat. It's hard to read him. Then again, he's always been hard to read him.

"Are you okay..."

I wait a moment after his question, feeling my skin go cold and all hair rise up as if the question has awakened something inside me. Making me realise what exactly he's asking.

"Yes.." the lie tastes like venom and I swallow back the pain.

This time his face turns agitated and frustrated. Is he angry with me? Is he angry with what I said? What I did?
"Don't lie to me. Look at me and tell me again"
My body feels so heavy right now. I feel so tired and weak. But I also feel sad. I feel so sad but I can't shake the feeling in my body that wants to let that all out. Wants to break apart and pour out all of my emotions.

We don't have time for this, we're wasting time. Johanna and Anthony needs us. Oh god, what if Turpin is already there!?
And Toby, Nellie! No, no oh god I can't do this! I can't do this again!

I pull against him but he holds onto me again and I struggle to get away. So I begin to fight.

The voices in my head begin to echo all around me and I tremble violently.

Stop it!

Mother!!!!

Let him go!!!!