Blood

I walk up the stairs to Sweeney's room as quietly as possible, not wanting him or Nellie to know that I'm snooping round. After hearing the thud and how Nellie dismissed it completely gave me a weird feeling, so I decided to see what was going on.

I duck slightly as I make my way round the glass door, trying to make sure I can't be seen through, and when I peak through the glass, all I see is Sweeney in his chair, looking....tired? Stressed maybe. His eyes are closed and his chest is heaving. All he was doing was talking with Pirelli.....wait, where is Pirelli?
I try looking round the room, but it's hard to do so without being seen. I lean a little forward but the wood beneath my feet make a creaking sound, and I swear I almost piss myself at the sound. When I look back at him, I try my best not to be seen.

Sweeney automatically looks over to my direction and stands, but i duck to the side trying everything to remain hidden. That's when he storms to the door and I twist my entire boy to the wall, pressing my back to it so that he can't see me by looking through. I just pray that he doesn't open the door. If he does, I'm fucked.

Time seems to slow down when he's just standing there, not moving. I can't move, and breathing seems almost impossible.
I then hear his footsteps moving away from the door, and I let out a breath, fuck that was close. What exactly would I have said to me standing there?

After a few seconds, I hear a few shuffling noises, heavy ones. I'm confused by this, I'm almost confused to the fact that I've not heard a single voice speak, not once. Strange.
I carefully turn to face to door and peer through.
Sweeney is dragging something across the floor and it makes a strange dragging noise. I lift my gaze up to see what it is he's dragging.

Holy...shit!

I see Pirelli on the floor, face covered with blood and his skull nearly cracked open. Sweeney drags his body to the side towards the chest leaning on the wall, then lifts his lifeless body up and into the chest, closing it after him. His body straightens as he huffs and puffs out air, and that's when I notice the blood on his white shirt, and splotches of blood all over the floor, along with a kettle.......makes sense.

I really should be calling for help, but I don't. I don't want to help Pirelli. He was a child beater and a fraud. He was disgusting in general. And it would be hypocritical anyway, seen as I will also be doing the same, hopefully.

Sweeney takes his time, cleaning off the blood on the floor, making it seem as nothing had happened. The way he does this, quickly, quietly, and smart, it impresses me. I'm actually impressed by the way he's done this so well. It took me forever to clean my first kill, but it paid off in the end as no one ever knew.

I continue to watch him reorganise the room, putting the kettle back on the stove and make him a drink. A fucking drink. Now?  I wanna laugh, I almost do, but then I hear Toby rushing up the stairs and my eyes widen when I see him. I forgot that I was meant to be hiding and Toby looks at me, nods then quickly open the door calling out for his boss.

I want to grab him, pull him out of there, but I can't. I just hope he keeps quiet about me standing here.

I watch and listen as they talk about where his master is. Sweeney says he left on business and advises the lad to go downstairs back to Nellie.
Today declines and insists on staying, waiting for Pirelli to return. Fuck, he's gonna get himself killed as well. Fuck!
I look through the glass and notice Sweeney walk over to him with a look on his face, that makes me wanna slap him. He intends to kill the boy!?!?
Fuck that!

"Toby, i hear Mrs Lovett has some gin downstairs. How bout you say I said you could have some" I've walked through the door before I could even think. I had to intervene, otherwise Toby would've ended up with a kettle to his head.
His eyes lit up and smiles brightly. "Thank you Ma'am!" He runs out the door, shutting it behind him.