Tortured thoughts

Sweeneys PoV

I don't know how long I've been walking for. But I know it's been long enough for it to reach sundown and my mind feels like there are a thousand flys making noise and poking me from the inside out.
My legs are numb with how fast I've been walking, shortly after I ran from the bakery, trying to make my way down to Turpins house, praying he knows where y/n is and ask him for a meeting.

I know he has her, i just don't know if he's with her now and if he is, I'll fucking kill him. The idea of him being alone with her, knowing what he's capable of frightens me and I fear the worst. But no matter. I will kill that son of a bitch.

"Mr Todd!!"
I turn at the sound of someone yelling out my name and I'm stunned to see Anthony running towards me.
He's meant to be across town within the next hour, what on earth is he doing here?
"Anthony? What are you doing here, you should be getting ready to grab Johanna?" I ask him
"I know, I am! I just had to see you first. I heard about y/n and I just had to see you, because I saw them taking her" he breathes out in gasps, trying to catch his breath.

I look at him quite stunned and confused trying to figure out if he means before or after I blacked out. I grab his shoulder and squeeze firmly, gaining his full attention and he looks at me with slight worry.
"When was this?" I ask him as calmly as I can, trying to refrain myself from going ballistic.
"I'd say 3 hours ago sir. Close to the prison but it was strange. They dragged her out of this carriage and she was screaming for help, that's when I first saw her. Then they took her down these stairs, someplace dark. I couldn't see I wasn't close enough" he tells me and I breath deeply.

The image of her being dragged away screaming helplessly has my blood boil to a dangerous level and I try to think of a way to get her out as far away from here as possible. But to do that, would mean I jeopardise everything. My plan, my identity. Everything.
But it would mean she was safe and that is the only thing I have left to keep going to find a way of getting her back.
"Take me there. Quick, we have no time" i rush him and we both begin to run down the dark path and I fight back the pain in my legs.

Anthony was able to bring me close to where he claims y/n was taken and I notice a large wooden store with a lock on it and a man stood beside it. He looks rather old, so taking him out won't be too much of an issue for me. I just hope he has the keys to the door.
"What will you do sir?" Anthony asks me but I don't respond straight away.
I stare ahead and figure out what I'll do once I'm through that door and what might be down there. More guards probably and with no knowledge of the whereabouts down there, I'm practically a blind man.

Though if I'm careful, quiet and practical. I might have a fighting chance of finding y/n and getting her out without being seen. If by some miracle. I just hope they haven't broken her yet. Because I know they will try and try until she's nothing but dust. Like how they broke me. The ways they did it. Fuck, I gotta get her out.

"Listen carefully Anthony." I say, still staring ahead. The guard looks at his wrist, supposedly checking the time and I wonder if that means he'll switch shifts with someone else, giving me no time if I want to take him out. Cause that means I'll have another to deal with, making things too messy for me.

I turn to face him and he has a look of concern plastered all over his face and I give him a weak smile.
"I want you to run over to Johanna and get her out safely. Then you take her to the bakery where Mrs Lovett will grant you safe passage to a boat. There you will take Johanna and run. Don't wait for me" I tell him carefully and his brows furrow.

"But what about y/n? Won't she need passage too?" He asks and i shake my head.
"Don't worry about that. Just go get Johanna and run. Go now" I push him and he stumbles back, before taking off running.
I watch as he disappears into the night and I hope he finds my daughter and gets her to safety, away from all this chaos. Knowing she'll be safe with him, gives me a sense of relief, but not from the heavy weight on my chest, knowing I may never meet my child.
She won't even know who I am, and I wouldn't want her to know me as her father right now. I wish for her to have the father who was married to his wife, before he was taken. That's the father she deserves.