The Market

Y/n POV

My heart hasn't been able to stop beating so fast since leaving the bakery. The way Sweeney eyes swept over my body felt menacing. But in a good way, I can't really explain it.  It honestly felt like an animal seeing meat for the first time...or maybe I'm just terrible at describing people's behaviour....
Im completely hopeless...

The town is full of people today, the different smells hitting my face every second. Bread, fish, meat, dirt, trash, shit......London.
It's not exactly on everyone's bucket list to come here that's for sure.
I don't like the really big crowds though, never have, the claustrophobic feeling has me passing out or throwing up sometimes. But I can't be doing that today, it bring too much attention. And that's the last thing i need.

"Over here" Nellie calls out. Heading towards an even bigger crowd. For fucks sake...
I can do this, i can do this.....
I follow ahead both her and Sweeney, trying to avoid the taste of bile coming up my throat, or even the dizzy feeling that's started to form in my head.
Think of something,cmon, anything.

My mind goes blank and I struggle to come up with anything. Great. I still follow behind Sweeney and Nellie, but my steps falter as the crowd becomes increasingly bigger making me freeze in place. All smells from before have become increasingly stronger, making me nauseous and the feeling of want to throw up nearly has me.
Sweeney and Nellie have disappeared and I'm all alone in a swarm of strangers. I hate it. I hate this.

I try to breathe slowly and calm my thoughts. That's when I begin to remember my family. Our special moments together....the ones I can remember...my family
.......mother, father....sisters, brothers...birthdays....picnics..........something to do with a dog...a cat? What the fuck.......why can't I remember anything.........all i can remember is screams.....screaming.....yelling.....crying..crying...screaming..crying screaming crying screamingcryingsceamingcryingscreamingCRYINGSCREAMINGCRYINGSCREAM- SHUT. UP!!!!!

I hold my hands to my ears and squeeze my eyes shut as hard as i can, blocking out all noises as much as possible.  But the sound of ringing and screams consume me. The taste on copper fills my mouth as I release I'm biting my tongue hard.  I don't even know how long I've stood here for, but it feels like forever when i start to feel the bumps and pushes of people passing by me.
Fuck I can't move. Im stuck. My legs feel shaken. Im cold. Im...scared. I'm fucking scared right now and it's pathetic....

"Cmere love', i feel a hand come around my waist and one on my chin. It's cold, but sweet and gentle. The feeling has my heart calming down ever so slightly as i open my eyes to come face to face with Sweeney.
He's looking at me with a worried expression.
"What is it?" He asks .
I look around, noticing that people are still walking around us paying no attention. I don't see Nellie though, she's disappeared in the crowd.
The crowd isn't as big as it was a few moments ago. But still not small enough to have me feel peace.
"Crowds.....i-i hate crowds" i manage to whisper.
I lower my hands from my eyes holding them to my chest.

Sweeney nods as he gently rubs his thumb across my chin. "I see"
He takes my hand from my chest and pulls me aside away from the crowd and into a small alleyway.
It's dark in this part, no on would see us unless they came in here.
Water drips down the brick walls and there are rats lurking round.

"Why are we here? What about Nellie?" I look at him confused.
"Shhh, don't worry about her pet" he croons.
This takes me by surprise. His dark eyes are piercing through me once again. Making me feel small. Weak. I should hate that. But by the way his hand smooths over mine makes me think differently. Safe even.

"Mr Todd?' I whisper. I don't call him Sweeney as I feel that is too personal in this matter of circumstance.
He smiles and that makes my heart beat like crazy. He's messing with me...right? If so why? It's confusing me..