18 | Fate

Special thanks to @AeriNation for making me come back to this story ♥️ Life is hectic but I managed to update, so please leave comments if you like the story! Thank you in advance.

Fate was a funny thing.

I knew I would have had to come across Yeonjun today or tomorrow since we were working in the entertainment industry and all, but again he was an idol. It was one in the millions of possibilities. I was in the acting side of the industry, specifically writing one. We were opposites.

Yet things happened.

I was the assistant writer. And, Sana asked me to join her for my first official project. I drafted the script with her, and wrote my imagination for the first time in such a big project. Before that, I used to contribute here and there, but only as a learning experience. This was new. This was everything. I was over the moon until she told me about her dream cast one month before we finished the script writing.

"And, for the role of brother, I want Choi Yeonjun from TXT. I heard he's up for acting projects now."

"I'm not sure." I cleared my throat. "He's too focused on his idol carrer last I heard."

"We can pitch the idea at least?" I had looked at her and could see how much she wanted him on-board. And, of course, I also knew I would be going to see him for this as an assistant writer if he accepted the role.

And accept he did.

Worked like wonders.

The world wasn't a wish guarantee factory.

I came to know about it a bit late though. The thing about being young was that you believed everything was possible. Being young was like falling in love. A different world. With the sun and a lot of flowers. With rain and you playing under it. Considering it as a blessing instead of an inconvenience.

Growing up was like going through a heartbreak though. The life would turn out to be a black and white movie screen. With the same day repeating over and over again. As if it was a curse. I ran from that vulnerable version of myself. From the girl who believed in endless possibilities. Only to be confronted by the worst part of it. Of my past.

"Rachel?" Yeonjun smiled, but I could see the malice behind that facade.

"Hello." I nodded at him and his members. Judging by their faces, they knew me. I didn't care. "I'm the screenwriter's intern. She asked me to contact Choi Yeonjun here for the role he is playing in the drama."

Of all the rookie actors she could have chosen, she selected my nemesis. Choi Yeonjun. Talk about fate.

"Okay. Thank you." Soobin glanced at his group member. "Please corporate," he muttered as they all left the hall one by one.

I went to the man of honor and handed him the script. "Since the writer wants your suggestions as an actor too, please add them on this side of the page. Read it carefully and let me know if you've any questions." I sat on the couch and he sat on the other side of me. "Think as the character. I'll be happy to help you out."

"You're co-writing this drama?" He asked.

"I just mentioned that fact. Didn't I?" I opened the file and started reading the script. The shooting was scheduled to start from the next month and there was so much revision to do in the script. My eyes went over the lines again and again, but in vain. I couldn't concentrate with him staring at me.

"Choi Yeonjun. Do you have something to say to me?

"Still calling me by the full name?" Rolling his eyes, he placed a hand over his heart. "We are classmates. Don't be so formal. I'm hurt, Rachel."