1 | Things I Hate About You

Year 2014

I hated Choi Yeonjun.

Everything about him. His snarky personality. His handsome innocent face which acted as a facade for him to come off as a good boy he wasn't. He was a devil with a face of angel. You won't believe me, would you? I would give you an example. Five examples to be more specific.

Incident number 1- He was a psychopath.

"Song Rachel?" He called my name and smiled when I looked up at him. It was the first day of our middle school.

I frowned. "Wha-"

"I saw you sitting here all alone. Didn't you make any friends?" He pointed something behind him and I peeked to see some students gathered there. "Come, have lunch with us." The jerk had an audacity of smirking in the end. "Let's be friends?"

My hands curled into a fist. We were neighbors and he knew me very well. "What game are you playing here?" I gritted out, and his smirk widened.

"Remember Primary School? You were so popular the first day that you forgot about me? You made me feel miserable the whole day? This is a payback," he whispered then cleared his throat. "What? You don't want to join? I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I was just trying to help!" He announced loudly and everyone started giving me off looks.

I stood up and smacked his head. The incident led to students categorising me 'hard to get' personality. It became good eventually before Yeonjun had to ruin it again.

Incident number 2- He was a petty person

I stole his assignment one time to get back at him. I did return it to him on time though. In response, he invited everyone to his birthday party but me. Of course his mum sent me an invitation but I didn't go. Everyone gushed about how delicious the food was or how much they danced. He made me feel like an outcast.

"Yeonjun invited her but she didn't come. Ah. Rachel really has a nasty temper." Students around me gossiped. "I don't even understand why he tries to be good to her."

I was so done by the time we got free from school. "Choi Yeonjun!" I couldn't hold myself back and smacked his head hard when he was on his way home.

"Ya Song Rachel!" He started running and I ran after him. I was mad mad.

"You psycho son of a bitch! You told everyone that you invited me?" I jumped on his back, wrapping an arm around his neck. "I'm going to kill you!"

"Ya!" He went round and round to get me off him. I was like a gum stuck in his hair.

Our mothers were on their way to grocery shopping and saw us. More specifically me hanging over his body like a monkey. It led to an hour lecture from mum about being a lady who shouldn't fight with boys like that.

The petty boy came out of it unharmed.

Incident number 3- He was a first class jerk

Mr Choi here clearly knew I had a fear of heights. Still he decided to ride the highest of all. With his friends while I stood there. Alone. He was screaming, crying, enjoying with everyone else. I regretted to even tag along, but mum was concerned about the fact that I didn't have friends aside from Yeonjun, and I didn't want to alarm her. So I tagged along with my friend. If Yeonjun was counted.