7 | It's Back And Forth

The good days ended with our middle school graduation.

Yeonjun became busy with the training program while I immersed myself into my studies and searched for a part time job side by side. Mum was already struggling with the finances, and won't ask for my help, but I told her that I wanted to be an adult now and not dependent on her for my financial needs.

Other thing, I had friends in High school now. It still felt like a miracle. Just the first day of the year, and I actually made friends and said hi to my classmates. Everyone was nice to me. Maybe because I didn't have Yeonjun to depend upon, my consciousness was asking me to open up more.

"Can you help me with this one?" I asked my seat mate, Da-Eun. She nodded and guided me through the steps to solve the maths problem. "Thank you," I mumbled and started solving more questions.

My eyes peeked to Yeonjun's seat. He wasn't sitting there. Trainees were given a pass on attendance at school. He attended the classes sometimes, but we wouldn't get to talk much since his previous school friends crowded him the moment he would step into the classroom.

"Do you miss me at school?" Yeonjun asked me one time when I was helping him with English. "You've made friends, so I just wanted to know if I'm still on the list."

I shook my head. "You're a friend, Choi Yeonjun. No one can replace you."

"Well, I'm irreplaceable." He grinned.

The bell rang and I jumped. Right. I was at school. The need to see Yeonjun overwhelmed me, and I looked down at my wrist watch. Should I go to see him? No. No. He shouldn't be bothered by my annoying self at such a crucial time. I buried my heads in the books and didn't look up until the end of the day.

It was dark when I started walking towards the bus stop. Yeonjun was training till late night. I was dying to see him. The bus came, but it wasn't the one which would take me home. It was the one that would take me to Yeonjun. Without thinking much, I climbed into the bus and walked to the back seat after paying bus fare.

Another guy was sitting a few feet away from me, earphones plugged in, lost in his own mind. He looked like a movie scene in which guys would stare outside the window of the moving bus. I shook my head and turned to the window by my side. The lit up city made me envious of its beauty. Full of colors and lights.

Mum was not home tonight as she had went to Busan to see my older brother. He lived with my father, and I hated him. I was truly glad he wasn't staying with me and mum.

After half an hour, the familiar building of Bighit Entertainment graced me with its view. I sighed and stood up. The boy beside me stood up too and ran into me as I tried to walk out first. That was the moment he noticed my existence and lifted his head to glance at me. His gaze was sharp. I cleared my throat and walked past him to the exit door. I stepped down the bus. The guy followed and again looked at me.

"You're a fan?" He asked, pulling his earphones out and circling the wires around the phone before he put it in his jeans pocket.

"Excuse me?" I blinked.

"Many girls come here to stalk the trainees. Are you one of them?"

"Ah-no." I shook my head, scratching the back of my head. "I've a friend here. Are you a trainee here?"

He nodded. Seeing how he still had his eyes narrowed on me, I guess he didn't believe that I wasn't a stalker. Looking around, I bit my lip and tried to come up with a reason for my visit. Yeonjun would annoy me if I said I missed him and wanted to see him in person. I stepped forward but then paused. The boy was still staring down at me.