5 | A Crush

I didn't hate Choi Yeonjun.

Not anymore. But, he was a lazy ass.

But, God blessed me if he wasn't a fast runner. At least faster than I was. We were out early in the morning for a walk. Yeah. Sound stupid. Right? But, exams were approaching us with a speed of light, and Yeonjun was behind in his studies which was why I had agreed to revise my notes with him in the only time he was free enough to concentrate on other things.

Since he was fifteen already, ready to be in High school in a few months, the training process was picking its pace, which was why he was tired most of the times, and wouldn't open his notebooks anymore.

His Highness yawned. "Your voice sounds like a lullaby. I'm going to fall asleep at this rate."

"How can a person be sleepy even after taking a shower?" I pulled his ear, and he groaned, pushing my hand away. "Wake up. I'm not idiot to freshen up this early for you to not even try, Choi Yeonjun."

"How about you do something to wake me up?" He grinned.

His mind was always in the gutter since we shared a kiss. I had let him kiss me more than one time that night, but afterwards, the sun came up, and we were back in the form. That meant hating each other. But there were moments like these where he would bring up our kiss. Not directly, but his eyes told me his thoughts enough.

"How about a game?" I placed the notebook on the bench and started walking away from him. "I'll race to the park and you'll try to catch me."

Yeonjun tilted his head. "What if I did?"

"Then you'll wake up." I shrugged. He made a face. "Come on. 1. 2. 3." I ran away and heard him laugh before he started chasing me. He almost caught me in the first few seconds, but I pushed myself more and left him behind. The air was cold against my skin, but the feel of the morning was liberating somehow.

"Song Rachel!" His laugh was a musical to my ears. I gasped when he grabbed my arm and caught me by the waist just before I crossed the gates of the park. I shuddered as he lifted me up and then placed me on my feet.

I turned to him, panting. He was breathing fast too. But we were smiling, shaking our heads. Still high on adrenaline. Yeonjun stepped forward and tucked the strand of my hair, which had escaped my ponytail, behind my ear. My senses were heightened and even that brush of his skin against mine made me feel weird.

"I caught you," Yeonjun whispered.

There was something about the way this moment built up, that I shuddered. "We can't kiss again." I stepped away from his touch and he frowned. "I can't... I can't kiss you again."

"I didn't say anything." He tilted his head. Placing a hand over my shoulder, he frowned. "You don't owe me anything. I'm happy that you gave me my first kiss, but that's it. I don't expect anything else from you. I just teased you."

"I... " Swallowing down my emotions, I met his eyes. "I thought... Yeah. Good." I nodded to myself and walked past him. "Come on, let's go back and study now. You're awake." Then we went back to the bench and I revised a few important topics to him.

Mum was sitting on the dining table when I got home from my walk. She was covering her face with her hands. "Everything okay, mum?" I sat beside her and read the bills she had spread over the table. After divorce, dad offered her alumni, but she refused to take it. Couldn't blame her.

"Yeah. I'm just managing the budget," she murmured. "Go upstairs and study for your tests. I'll bring you tea."

I wished I could stay here and comfort her like she deserved, but I knew my mum. She had a pride. My opinion held no weight in this matter. She was so into the idea of proving that she could manage herself and me without father's help, that she had forgotten about her own daughter. While I did appreciate her courage, sometimes I felt like I was loosing her in the midst of this game of egos.