12 | Unknown Future

"Rachel."

I bowed to my senior. Kang Dae. "Hello Sunbae. How are you here in this neighborhood?" I asked and tried not to flinch when he walked towards me, standing a step closer than one would.

"Was visiting my aunt." He smiled. "How are you doing? Senior year must be a little hectic for you."

"Yes." I stared at him. "I mean, yes. It is. A bit. I guess." I sucked at making a conversation and since I never really talked to my seniors before, it added more awkwardness. Why did he even approach me? "Umm, Sunbae I hope you're doing well in life."

"Yes. I got selected in SNU."

My mouth fell open in shock. "SNU? Oh my God. Congratulations!" I smiled. "You must've studied very hard."

"That I did." Dae nodded. "Do you need any help? I can provide you notes-"

"Rachel."

I jumped, and both I and Dae turned to look at the person who was walking towards us. Yeonjun had a face mask on. Typical him. Protecting his privacy. Good for him though. Seeing the news nowadays and idols getting into scandals left and right, it was only right of him to stay in shadows till he debuted.

Dae smiled. "Is he your friend?" He turned to Yeonjun and lifted his hand. "Hi-"

Yeonjun gave him a curt wave. "Hi." Then he looked at me. "Shall we leave now?"

I blinked twice. Was he serious? "Umm..." I looked back and forth between Dae and Yeonjun.

Dae chuckled. "He must be your boyfriend. Don't worry, boy. I was just talking to my junior here." He bowed to us and I bowed back as I watched my senior leaving the scene.

He disappeared from our view, and Yeonjun started walking. I followed. "You're unbelievable," I grumbled under my breath as we both strolled on the street. "What must he be thinking about you? Idiot."

"I care what you think of me. Not some random stranger-"

"Senior. He's our senior."

"He has graduated High school. Not a senior anymore." Yeonjun tapped my nose, and I scowled. He was impossible. "Today is mine, so focus should be on me."

I sighed. "Tell me then. What do you want to do?"

"Grocery shopping." He smiled widely and I looked at him. "What? What's wrong with doing grocery shopping? Stop making that face."

Shaking my head, I walked with him. "You're so random sometimes. I worry about you, Choi Yeonjun. After debute, you'll have to be grounded and stop this randomness."

"Why? You love that about me." Yeonjun pinched my cheek and I groaned. "You're cutest when you're annoyed Song Rachel."

I chuckled as I looked up at him. His face was bright under the sun, and his eyes full of light. He had a mask on since he was a trainee, and wanted to avoid any kind of trouble. Suddenly it hit me. I won't have him like this after debute. I wasn't delusional like that. He would be busy. I would be busy. I won't have him like this ever.

"You're doing normal things." I stopped walking. "You're going to debute soon. That's why you're doing normal things because you won't be able to do them afterwards."

"It's still early for me to debute." Yeonjun turned to face me and placed his hands over my shoulders. "Why? Are you scared of not being able to spend time with me?"

"Yes." The moment I agreed with him, his expressions shifted. "Why? You don't want me to get upset?"

"I didn't know you would be that honest." He shrugged.