2 | A Rainy Summer Day

I didn't like Choi Yeonjun.

With respect, I was taking my words back that I didn't hate him that much. Well, maybe not hate, but I certainly didn't like him with my whole existence. We were going to enter in the last year of the middle school. In matter of months. And, his highness won't just grow up. His tactics were still same as before. I would give you some examples.

Incident number 1- He never respects someone's privacy.

I didn't know about others but when it came to me he would forget even the basics of what a balanced approach to someone was like. We were spending that day in my room, working on an assignment. Since he was a trainee, I was helping him with the school work on my mother's demand.

If it wasn't for mum, I wouldn't even see his face. I had no personal interest in Choi Yeonjun and his struggles whatsoever.

"Song Rachel, what are you doing?" He sat up and leaned forward to take a look at the computer. I was working on a story.

"Ya Choi Yeonjun!" I covered the screen with my hands as I glared at him. "You shouldn't peek into someone else's personal stuff," I told him. He frowned and ducked his head to take a look at the corners and I pushed his head back. He fell back in the bed like a puppy. "I told you, no peeking."

"What's the point? You're going to publish your stories to the world someday nonetheless." Yeonjun grumbled. Then his ears perked up. "Hey, listen carefully. I'll read it and give you a review. You need a feedback from someone. Right?"

I gave it a thought. He looked hopeful, his eyes sparkling. If he read my works, he won't ever let it go and would tease me for whatever I had written. I wrote about romance too and the risk of him even reading about this stuff made me cringe. "No thanks. I'll have someone else read it for me. I don't want your feedback."

"Someone else?" He scoffed. "You don't have friends."

"Thanks for letting me know, jerk." I rolled my eyes and shut down the computer. "Why aren't you doing your assignments?"

"Because you aren't helping me out."

"I'll help you when you need me. I won't do your assignments if that's what you are waiting for. I already do enough of your homework for you."

"I really want to read your works," He mumbled.

I narrowed my eyes. "Why?"

"I want to know if you wrote about us. Like about me." He winked. "We're a happening duo. Don't you think so?" Then he scrunched his face into a disgusted expression as he said, "If it was a kdrama, we would have fallen in love-"

"Aahhh." Covering my ears, I gave him a pointed look. "Don't spit out bullshit. Now, work on your assignments. I'll bring you something to eat." With that I went downstairs and saw mum preparing lunch for us.

"How's it going?" She asked as I started cutting some apples. Yeonjun needed to stay healthy for his training, so instead of fast food, I always bought him fruits especially apple and banana since he seemed to like them the most. He needed to stay hydrated and strong.

"He's a lazy ass," I replied. "Can I ask you something?" Mum hummed. It was a sign to go on. "You don't allow any boy to step into this house, but Choi Yeonjun even stay in my room. Why?"

She chuckled. "Because you two are always fighting so there's no need for me to be scared of a possible situation that could happen with other guys. Besides, Yeonjun is a good boy."

"Yeah, good boy," I murmured. "So that's it? You're not going to allow any boy to be around me until I go to college?"

"Yeonjun is there for you." She turned to me. "Boys of your age are... just not it. I don't want you to go through heartbreaks or that kind of stuff. When you get into a college, you'll be old enough to understand things and know what's right and wrong."