Prologue

The moon shone unnaturally bright on this particular night. The leaves ruffled in the wind, dancing to the rhythm of the footsteps pacing outside the Uchiha Compound.

"DAD!!" A Duckass Haired boy came running into view, clutching his teal shirt and staring up wide-eyed into Fugaku's soul. He looks down at the little boy tugging on his pants and sees the tears streaming down his face. A beautiful, black haired woman comes jogging into view, smiling sadistically. A shriek echoed through the calm of the night and the woman brought her katana out and placed it onto Fugaku's throat as he flinched back.

"Now, dear, who will it be? Me, or your maiden and her daughter?" She brought the katana closer to his throat in a threatening manner, spitting the word 'maiden' out with disgust.

"DAD!!" Sasuke cried. "ITACHI'S KILLING EVERYONE!!" This caught both parents' attention. Fugaku slapped the katana out of Mikoto's hand, who did nothing to stop him, merely grimacing.

"Now's not the time, sweetie. Besides, you know I told Itachi to get rid her daughter. My daughter. Something bad's happening, and we need to stop it."

"Fine." Was all Mikita said before she left to see what was going on. Sasugay looked confused.

"I have a sister?" His eyes were full with hope he might get another sibling. Fugaku gritted his teeth and grabbed his kunais.

 "Not. Now. Sasuke."

___

Meanwhile, a clone of a certain black-haired Anbu Captain is travelling southeast through the lush forests of death to the land of fire. The moon illuminates the emotion he holds back from display as he stares at the little bundle in his arms. 'My half sister..' he thought, and couldn't fight off a soft smile that appeared on his face. 'Sure, dad did rape her mother, but still..' Itachi gritted his teeth at the thought. 'I'm sorry, Sasuke. You'll never know that you have a half sister, will you?' 

Mitsuko. That was the name of the baby with a tuff of black hair, a singular red strand in it. Her name meaning child of brightness, or light.

Something she might not be able to experience.

Something she would grow up to be the opposite of.

Her mother, Akunimiyashi Uzumaki, younger sister of Kushina Uzumaki, is deceased. Her father, Fugaku Uchiha, is also deceased. Half-brother, Sasuke Uchiha, will never know she exists. Half-brother, Itachi Uchiha, shall raise her alone.

Except, she won't be alone.

After all, you'll never manage to get a moment of privacy when you live with the rest of the Akatsuki.

____

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!!" Hidan's voice echoes through the base, Konan quickly shushing him. Almost everyone else (but Pein, Sasori and Itachi) had a similar expression of shock as the Jashinist, and Deidara had the guts to say, "Is that your kid?!"

"No. She's my sister." Itachi gave him a 'no, duh' expression. Tobi looked overjoyed and took the baby from Konan, spinning her around while screaming 'TOBI IS A GOOD BOY!' And hugging the baby's tiny body, resulting in Mitsuko waking up and bursting everyone's eardrums with her high pitched wail.

"Oh, really? I thought she was the muffin man." Kakuzu took a bite of his apple and Hidan snickered, only to both be hit in the head by an angry Konan. 

"SHUSH!!" Konan said calmly. "SHE'S SLEEPING!!"

(Get the reference?)

Everyone turned to Itachi, who was rocking a small bundle of pink in his arms who was now asleep. Konan's anger instantly died down as she stole Mitsuko from a pissed off Itachi and cooed over her cuteness. Pein face palmed.

"You may keep her here in one condition, Itachi," Pein said, taking a seat on the couch. "You'll be responsible for her. No-one else, got it?" He addressed everyone else.

"Yeah." They all mumbled back, disappointed.

"Good. Now back to our mission-"