Ch 6

Chapter 6
A week had passed and Jassin had just made his way into the town under the castle belonging to king Ensol. He was tasked with finding Llyra and bringing her back to her father. The reason he was sent was due to Llyra not knowing what Jassin looked like. The element of support was in his favor but not the timing. Arriving at the castle doors, Jassin entered into the main hall and towards the dining hall. The guards escorted him in quickly to meet with the king. The duty bound prince was eager to retrieve the princess and be on his way back to the forest kingdom. He did not like the idea he had to go traveling through the land to fetch the king's daughter, his future bride. It was quite childish and to Jassin quite pointless. If this Llyra didn't want the throne nor the marriage, who was he to push himself on to her. He understood king orlee's reasoning for sending him, and he did what he was told without asking, but it all felt a little over dramatic and not very becoming of a future leader of a kingdom. To him a better match would have been Jalin. She had better sense than this Llyra. Jassin's thoughts were interrupted by king Ensol approaching him quickly.
"Prince Jassin. I am sorry to tell you that you just missed her. I tried my best to keep her as long as I could, but her attention span is that of a dormouse." The king chuckled. Jassin kept a stern face and did his best to show the king respect, but he was utterly annoyed beyond comprehension.
"No disrespect to your majesty, but the instructions were clear. You were to hold princess Llyra here till I arrived." Jassin spoke up.

"I understand, and I did my best by showering her with attention, entertainment , food

"I understand, and I did my best by showering her with attention, entertainment , food....I even allowed her into our library, but the princess is not one to be held down." In reality this was all true, but the king felt guilty towards the end of the week. That day he let slip Llyra's father's plan to send someone after her. Ensol could not bear the fair lady to become cross with him, so he let her know in advance the plan and allowed her to escape an hour before Jassin arrived. Jassin was furious, but held his tongue. He knew if he lashed out at this king it would not be a good thing. Orlee wanted an alliance with this human king and if that was to happen Jassin could not lose his composure. Jassin cleared his throat and glanced towards the king.
"May I inquire where the princess went?" Jassin asked.
"She went east. If you hurry, you may be able to catch her. I told her of the dwarfs in the mountains and I believe she wished to meet them." Jassin turned to leave but was stopped.
"Allow me to replenish your supplies and feed your horse Prince Jassin. Also please take this to king Orlee when you see him. I wish to sit down with him and draw up an alliance treaty." The king smiled as he handed Jassin a rolled up parchment. Jassin reached out and retrieved it. He shoved it in his cloak and bowed slightly.
"Thank you for your hospitality. I must be on my way if I am to catch the Princess." The king waved for his servants to escort the prince back to his horse with the provisions.

   Jassin collected his provisions and quickly fed his horse. He mounted up and made his way out of the castle stables. Heading west, he hoped to catch up to the princess. This was beginning to be more difficult than Jassin wished it to be. In his mind he was going to arrive here and retrieve the princess, bringing her back to her father and be done. The king's doing was a bit suspicious, but Jassin did not have the time to look into the matter, nor did he risk the potential alliance. The humans and Elves were on bad terms, and if this king was willing to meet and break bread with Orlee, Jassin had to be respectful and diplomatic. He was always taught to think of the greater good and not to resort to his own feelings on matters. Like the good prince and future king, Jassin had to keep a cool head and do as he was told. Jassin clicked loudly for his horse to take off west. He needed to catch up to Llyra before anything happened to her.