twelve

(listen to let it go by the neighborhood xx)

Days passed by and i still haven't gotten the chance to talk to Jude, neither to Dominik. I was in my office, creating a new weekly schedule when i heard a knock.

I told the person to come in and soon Trent appeared in front of me. I looked up at him, as i was pulled away from my work. He sat in front of me in silence.

Him and i haven't talked since Dominik and i started seeing each other again. He must've told Trent already, because of how disappointed he seemed.

- Are you okay, Lu?- He questioned genuinely.

I raised my eyebrows and nodded my head, still not being able to say a word to him. He reciprocated by nodding his head and crossing his arms.

- Are you upset with me?- Finally i got brave enough to ask him a question, which he seemed to appreciate.

- Just disappointed. Especially because of what happened with you and your brother.- He replied bluntly and stared down at the floor.

I clenched my jaw at his words, feeling how my heart breaks a little again. I knew that awful day i should've called him or do anything else, but i was too stupid to do so.

- I don't even know what to do anymore. Dominik genuinely started to be different with me and it's just unfair how Jude reacted, but i understand now.- I ranted, knowing that Trent is listening to every single word.

He finally glanced at me and sighed loudly. I wanted him to help me, but i couldn't expect him to do it after all of those mistakes i had made.

- You really can't do much Lucy. He's away in Spain, you are here. Give him some time to think and then reach out.- The scouser advised.

He was one of those few people i could trust with things like that, and his advices were always good and never let me down.

This same week, on Friday we had a big game. Manchester United away. I was getting ready to leave when my phone buzzed.

I picked it up and saw a text from Trent. He was picking me up and letting me know when he'll be here, so i can walk out and not wait in the rain.

One thing i absolutely missed about Brazil, was the weather. Here in England, we barely got anything other than rain. I was used to it by then, of course.

I put on my liverpool jersey with the number #8 on the back, baggy blue jeans and threw on a hoodie. Then i took my bag which included my laptop, camera and my phone and waited downstairs in the living room.

***

I was excited and yet nervous for the game. Of course it wasn't the first time Liverpool had faced Manchester United, but still the stress and anxiety was there.

I was alone in the locker room, posting pictures of arrivals on the club's Instagram when Dominik walked in. I closed my laptop and stood up, ready to leave.

The Hungarian grabbed my arm and didn't let me go any further. I tried getting out of his grip, but it was pointless. Finally he let go off me when i had calmed down.

- What do you want.- I groaned and furrowed my eyebrows, holding a camera in my hand.

- You've been avoiding me, and now you show up to our game in my jersey?- He raised both of his eyebrows and pointed at my shirt.

My cheeks flushed bright red which resulted in me looking down to my feet, for the guy to not see. I did it on purpose to make him mad, but clearly it just made him feel good and i boosted his stupid ego.

- Do i gotta remind you why?- I blurted out, as the guy approached me.

He lifted my head up gently and put a strand of my front hair behind my ear, smiling. I rolled my eyes and felt him connect our lips in a kiss.

I reciprocated the move but we couldn't enjoy the moment for long. The whole team decided to come in and tell us we'll have our time after the game, which they were sure will be a win.

I said goodbye to everyone, hugged Trent, and left to take my seat by our Gaffer. Klopp had always been my favourite out of all, and apparently i was his.

We got along well, he often asked me to help with the starting lineup and strategy for the games, which of course always worked out.

Today wasn't any different, besides many awful plays from no one else but the player with an #8 on his back. I'd expect him to do poorly, since it was his first ever game against United.

When he got subbed off, he was furious. He sat beside me aggressively and watched the game in silence, which unfortunately or not ended in a draw.

The whole drive home was horrible. Everyone was talking about the game besides Dominik, and when approached he'd brush off people like they were nothing.

When we got back to Liverpool, he offered to drive me home. It surprised me, because he seemed pretty mad for the last 3 hours, but i guess i was wrong.

When he pulled over to my driveway, i saw someone else's car on it too. I kissed Dominik for a goodbye and got out of his, to approach my house.

At the doorsteps, I saw my younger brother Jobe. He seemed neither mad nor pissed. He was clearly cold so i let him in immediately.

I made the both of us a cup of tea and we sat in the living room. He barely spoke this entire time, which worried me.

- What's going on, you're fucking scaring me.- I finally asked, as pulling a blanket over my legs.

- Sorry, I just fought with Jude and wondered if you have any idea, where could he be now?- He replied as looking me straight in the eyes.

The question seemed surreal. The obvious answer was Madrid, but this wasn't about the city itself, nor the country.

- What do you mean by that? Can you not check his location?- I questioned again, trying to find out more.

Jobe shook his head and took a deep breath, showing me that he had turned off his location. My heart sank. Jude got into a fight with both him and me in a short period of time.

I quickly pulled out my phone and tried calling him, but he didn't answer. We tried multiple times, until we started to think it was pointless.

- New plan, i'll take a week off, book tickets to Madrid and i'll go look for him. He's probably just partying, you know him.- I tried reassuring my brother, but he didn't seem to be quite sure about it.

That night i prayed he was okay, but what waited for me next was so unexpected, almost scary.

***

HI CUTIES I GOT A GOOOOOD ASS IDEA HOW I'LL END THIS BOOK OMGGG (not any soon dw)

LEAVE A VOTE ⭐️ AND LMK HOW YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER <3