𝙹𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚎

I had gotten back to my house with Maggie, who left after a while, and relaxed on my couch. Knitting needles were in my hands, along with yarn, and I was making a scarf. Now why would I need a scarf in New Orleans? I have no idea.

It would be red and white, the colors I could scrape out from my yarn bin. I knitted for a while, until about 2 o'clock. My fingers were a bit tired, so I set the needles and almost-done scarf down on the couch beside me. 

I stood up and did a big stretch and yawn. That's when I heard a knock at my door. I walked over and reached the knob, opening up the door. Standing in the doorway was my pal Alastor. "Alastor, hey. Come on in." I said, moving out of the way so he could step in. He did so and helped me close the door after he came in.

He turned to me as I walked to the couch, taking a seat. "Hello Merlin dear. I came to see if you'd accompany me to a jamboree later this evening." His smile was big and bright, and I guess it won me over. I mean, I would love to go to a Jamboree. I have been to one before as a kid, and they are absolutely fun.

"Oh, of course Alastor. That sounds like fun. What time is it at?" I asked while I grabbed my needles and half of a scarf. I shoved them into a ball and put them in the bin beside my couch for later times. My eyes went back over to Alastor as he spoke. "Around 7. A few chums I know told me and I knew who I wanted to bring." I smiled a bit as he came over and sat beside me.

"They will have games, poker, barrel rolls, and best of all: jambalaya!" He said as he smiled ear to ear. My eyes lit up a bit at the mention of that food. Fanny had talked about it positively, and ever since then, I been meaning to try it sometime.

"Jambalaya? The stuff with rice and shrimp n' stuff?" He nodded and I got so giddy, clapping my hands. "That's wonderful!" I smiled brightly as Alastor leaned back into the couch's cushions, sighing a bit. He looked up at the ceiling and it seemed his smile wasn't as bright.

I calmed myself and glanced over at him, feeling concerned for him. "Is everyone okay?" I asked, wanting to know what was bothering my friend. People usually don't stare off unless something is bothering them.

He looked over at me and looked into my eyes. "Not exactly Merlin. Something happened and someone threatened a friend of mine." I was full of concern now and I wanted to know if I could help. "Is there any way I can help? Is your friend in danger right now?" I said.

He shook his head and took a hold of my hands, squeezing them gently. Alastor looked into my eyes with a big smile. "There's no need to worry. I have everything under control for the time being." I nodded in response. "Alright then." He let go of my hands and then got up from his seat. 

"I'll pick you up from around 6:30, okay?" He said while he glided back over to the door. "Okay. See you later Alastor." I watched him open up the door and wave to me. "Until tonight dear!" He called out as the door shut behind him. Now it was just me and time.

The time did go rather quick. I mean, I did take a nap and play with Maggie. She came around 4 and left an hour later. I made myself some food and ate, and then read a book. It seemed like a good day, except for the encounter this morning. That was rather unpleasant.

Soon enough, it turned around 6 o'clock. I made my way into my room and changed into a maroon dress. Then I brushed my long hair and grabbed my bag, placing it over my shoulder. My eyes met across the room to the clock on the wall. 

I was done right on time, maybe a minute or so to kill. I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, waiting. After a minute or so, I heard a knock. I stood up and brushed off my dress, then went to the door.

I opened it and saw Alastor, standing there in his regular attire. "Alastor!" I said with a small smile. "Merlin! Are we ready to go?" He asked with his arm out. I nodded and hooked my arm in his, walking out of the house. Before we went too far, I locked the door and put my keys into my bag.