𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎

From then on, my days fell into routine. Every day I had to wake up at 10:30 in the morning and get dressed before catching the bus. I then got into the city and had breakfast before going to work at Erle's bar. It was always so much fun and I loved my job. Playing with the others and creating amazing music, what could be better than that?

It has been about a week and a half and everything is going smoothly. The customers are nice and they usually don't cause any trouble, and I have made good friends with my band members. Jack is always happy to see me and Lucy is like a mother having to keep them in line, especially Andrew when he gets weird with his guitar. Not in a bad way, just weird.

That being said, I am currently playing the piano, my hands gliding over the keys as we play a popular song everyone loves. Some people are on the dance floor dancing, but many are just sitting at the bar or tables. It seems like everything is going well, but then someone has to ruin it. 

As the song came to an end and our break for 15 minutes started, I could hear a loud crash. When I looked over from the stage to the bar, I could see a drunk man yelling at one of the waitresses, Peggy. I have got to know Peggy and I know she would never purposefully do something bad to another person.

"What the hell woman! You're in my way!" The man yelled as Peggy was down below near the floor, cleaning up the broken glass that she had dropped when she bumped into the man. She seemed very stressed as the man continued to expel hateful comments her way. Peggy, as the nice person she was, just took it. But no, I could not watch as someone I knew well get abused in such a manner.

I stood up from the piano as the rest of the band escaped into the backroom. Swiftly, I hopped off the stage and made my way over to the bar side, breaking into the conflict that had gotten worse. "Are you alright, Peggy?" I asked as I ran to her side and helped her clean up the glass shards. She looked over at me with teary eyes and shakily nodded her head. 

It was obvious she wasn't fine, but I still continued and helped her finish cleaning up the glass shards. The man, who was leaning against the counter and drinking a beer, had come back over to give Peggy one last remark. 

He looked down at her, completely ignoring me, and gave her a pitiful scowl of disgust. "I don't even get why they hire such sad whores when you could be at home being a good wife." That comment alone made my blood boil and as Peggy kept her head low and went to the back to throw the glass away, I stopped the man from following her. 

"I'm sorry, but what did you just say to her?" I said with a bitter tone and stern face. Erle did say to kick any men out who were picking on any of my fellow girls, so I would do just that. He glared at me and finally recognized my existence. "I said what the truth is." He rebuked as I stood tall and didn't back down as Peggy had.

"You call that bull crap the truth. You wanna know what is the truth?" I paused and caught my breath as he glowered at me, waiting for me to continue. "The truth is that you're a misogynistic douchebag." I spat those words right at his face, and he took them badly. 

The man had furrowed his brows and a flash of anger spread across his face. I could see I clearly pissed him off, but I didn't care. "And you shouldn't be using such language little lady." He remarked back to me, which only pissed me off even more.

"You know what? You can take your drunk butt and get out of here!" I yelled while I pointed to the door, conveying for him to leave, but he didn't. He stayed put and stayed fuming. Only then did he get physical and grab my wrist tightly, getting in my face as well. 

He leaned down and tightened his grasp. "What If I don't leave, huh? What if I-..." He was cut off my someone placing their hand on his shoulder, catching him off guard. Both of us paused our conflict as he looked back and saw a tall man, mixed race with brown hair, smiling at him.

"Well pardon me, but I see you are touching that woman." The man said as the man looked back at him, still holding onto my wrist with a tightening hold. "So what?" The man said to the other. The other man had now started to glare at the drunken one, seemingly disturbed by his attitude. 

"So it is not respectful to do so. Let go. Now." The drunken man has turned into a sort of cowardly state and listened, letting go of my wrist with a pissed off huff, and walking away to the door, exiting the bar. I was glad he left and held my sore wrist, still angry all of that happened so horribly. Well, It could have been worse without that other man's help.

I looked over to him once the other drunk one had left, and he looked back, stepping over to me. "Are you alright there miss?" He asked with an almost permanent smile. I nodded my head and took my time to actually examine who this person was. He was wearing a white dress shirt and red vest with a black bowtie and 2 black sleeve garters. Overall, he seemed quite classy.

"I'm fine. Who may you be, if you don't mind me asking." I asked, wondering who this little saviour of mine was. He looked down and spoke once more. "My name is Alastor, it's a pleasure to meet you sweetheart. Quite a pleasure. What is your name, hm?"

"I am Merlin. And thank you for helping me Alastor. That guy was rather a jerk." Alastor shook his head and agreed with me. "I could say the same." I nodded back and we both just stood there for an awkward second. "I must say Merlin, it is nice to have someone on that piano. The music just lacked without it."

It peaked my interest when he said it was nice to finally have a piano in the music. It made me wonder if he used to go here a lot. "So, do you come here a lot? I haven't seen you before and well.. you seem like you know this place." 

Alastor shook his head to me and held his hands behind his back. "Why yes, I should. I am a regular here, so it would only make sense." A regular hm? Then why have I not seen him around since I was hired. 

"Have you been away lately, because I don't remember seeing you." As soon as I said that, I felt as if I was being a little bit too nosy, but he replied back to me almost instantly. "Ah, yes. I had business away from the city I had to deal with. But I am back now, so expect my face around more often!" He said with a great big grin and chipper tone.

I looked around at the wall clock behind the bar and noticed I had to get back to the piano. Our break would end in just 2 minutes. My gaze went back to Alastor's as I began to talk again. "I'm sorry Alastor, but I have to get back to work. It was very nice to meet you."

He reached his hand out for a handshake, so I shook it. It was a firm grip, and he spoke as we shook. "Same to be said here, dear. I'll be seeing you around Miss Merlin." I had a slight smile as we ended our hand shake. I got to my feet and got back to the stage, turning slightly and waving to him. He waved back. 

The band had come out of the back room and once more we had started to play. I got caught in such a rhythm as I thought about today. It may have been hectic, but I liked it. Also, I met a new person. Alastor.