𝙹𝚘𝚋

Merlin had woken up with a start in her morning. As always, she was energetic and ready for the day. She hopped off her bed and changed into a dress that had roses and a tight waist. 

(See below for picture)

She had to look good for any interviews, so she then brushed her long hair and did it into a simple bun

She had to look good for any interviews, so she then brushed her long hair and did it into a simple bun. Merlin then slipped on her pointed black loafers and grabbed an over the shoulder bag that matched with the dress.

Finally, she was ready. With a slight hop in her step, she got outside and walked to the nearest bus transit to New Orleans. In the big city would be where she would get a better job possibility.

A bus came along and she got onto it. It was a few minutes until she was in the big city. It was very cultural and there were bars almost everywhere in site. Merlin smiled at this fact and, when the bus did stop, she got off. 

People roamed the sidewalks, minding their business, as Merlin stopped in at a bakery. She got some quick breakfast then was off to job searching. 

So far, she had not gotten a job. Merlin still had half the day left and continued to search. She was walking down the sidewalk when she noticed a decent looking bar. From outside, she could hear music. Jazz to be exact. The only things she couldn't hear in the music was piano, so my oh my the luck!

She walked into the bar and moved around some other people. Many were sitting at tables, some at the bar, and a band was on the stage playing. Merlin smiled at this and continued on. She asked a waitress where the manager was and she kindly escorted Merlin to him. 

"Hello there miss. What can I do for ya?" He said at his desk, looking up at the lady in front of her.  "Well, sir, I was wondering if you would be hiring any pianist spots." The man leaned back in his chair and smiled a bit. "Well yeah, we do. I been looking for one for over a month!" He chuckled and leaned over the desk, a hand outreached. 

"The name's Erle Patin, nice to meet you." He took a hold of my hand and shook it eagerly. "I can say you are definitely hired. Also, what's your name miss?" She smiled a bit and took back her hand after the shake. "I'm Merlin Blackwell."

"Merlin, huh. Well Merlin, you got a funny accent. You're not from around here, are you?" He asked. She shook her head and chuckled a bit. "No sir, I'm not. I just moved here from the north." 

Erle smiled a toothy grin and nodded. "Well, that explains it. But anyways, I'm glad I can hire you- if that's alright, yes?" Merlin nodded her head. "Ok, so mostly you gotta be here by 12 noon and then be off by 9 at night. You'll be paid XX amount each week. I'm glad you'll be taking this job Merlin, I really am." 

He stood up and walked around the desk to the shorter lady. "Come on, lemme introduce you to your associates." Erle guided Merlin out of the office and into the music filled bar room. "Over there is my wonderful group of waitresses and bar tenders. Hi ladies!" He waved over to them and all of them smiled and waved back, saying hi Erle and such. 

"On stage is the band you'll be with. The trumpet is Jack, he's a really nice guy. On the trombone is Mike, Lucy is playing the saxophone, upright bass is Fanny, and lastly we got Andrew on guitar." She looked at all of them play their instruments and saw the empty piano on the stage. Merlin bubbled up with joy at the sight.

"That's about it. The bar's good on reputation, I keep everyone on good pay, and if you see any men picking on the girls, kick their asses out." She smiled at this and nodded. "I'll make sure of it."

After that, she was released and she headed home. As she got ready in bed, she couldn't wait for the next day. It would be exciting, noisy, and so full of happiness!