𝚃𝚎𝚊

When I had woke up that morning, I was full of energy and anticipation. I was more than excited to have tea with my newly made friend, Alastor. I had a shower then dressed in a slightly nicer than usual dress and grabbed a sunflower knitted bag that I made when I was younger. With my hair brushed, I got my keys. I then headed out as the clock moved to 8:36 a.m.

I hurried to a bus and got on, making my way into the city. Since it was earlier than when I usually arrive, I noticed less people walking on the sidewalks once I got off the bus. Again, just less people, not saying there still weren't a lot of people.

My shoes clicked along the sidewalks as I walked, a slight hop in them. I was excited and had every right to be. I was going to have tea with a friend for the first time. I mean, I never had tea at a shop before because I never had friends to take. But that's the past. Now I do have a friend and I can see him in the distance. 

He is wearing a brown vest and white dress shirt underneath, sleeve garters high up on his arms. A big black bowtie accompanied his stature and he even had a pair of glasses on. They seemed to fit him quite well. As I got near him more, Alastor looked over with a great big smile.

"Merlin! Good morning to you." He said as I walked over, standing in front of him. I smile back at him, and he definitely notices as he then comments on it. "What a smile, my dear! Did you know, you're never fully dressed without one?" He says with a laugh. I chuckle at his words and smirk slightly. "Really now?" He nodded quickly. "Of course! Now, how about we get moving." 

I walk up beside Alastor, ready to follow wherever and whatever direction he goes. I am the one who doesn't know where it is, so it only makes sense I am directionless. When I walk up beside him, Alastor looks down at me with that permanent smile. It was a nice smile, not being mean, but it feels weird how much he smiles. 

Without expecting, he hooks his arm with mine, which caught me off guard. I jumped a bit and looked at our locked arms with wide eyes. He watched my gaze and chuckled. "To make sure I don't lose you. You are short and I would hate for you to be snatched up." Before I could say something back, he started to walk, so I followed. 

"I'm not that short, Alastor. Maybe you're just tall." I managed to say as we walked. He looked down at me and laughed. "Maybe, but it doesn't change that you're still small." I had a smirk on my face as I was again called short. I never liked being called it and would usually snap at the person, but I didn't want to scare off Alastor. I didn't ever have many friends, so it was good to have company in this new place.

Our walk was pretty short as we soon arrived at a tea shop. It was a very beautiful tea shop that had immaculate hand-carved stone architecture surrounding the building. My eyes glittered in fascination as soon as I set my eyes on it. "Oh my..." I said, not able to finish my sentence. Alastor smiled at that and went to cross the street with me. 

When we got to the other side, both of us made our way inside the shop. Almost immediately, we were breathing in aromatic scents of different kinds of teas. Along with that, I also smelled pastries, something I always had a tooth for.

Both of us found a nice place to sit by the window and sat down. Even the furniture here was wonderful, making me wonder how Alastor had found this place. "Alastor, how'd you find this place. It's absolutely breathtaking." I said as I got situated in my seat. Alastor, who sat across from me, crossed his legs. 

"Some co-workers of mine were talking about it. Someone's mother came here and left with great things to say, so I decided to try it out. I did and let me say this place will be like nothing you ever experienced in a tea shop." I got kind of stuck on how he said that. The thing was I actually never been in a tea shop, so I don't know how it works.

"Oh, yeah. Well Alastor, I never been in a tea shop." When I said that, his eyes went wide in disbelief. "You... haven't?" He questioned, wanting to make sure I was speaking the truth. "Nope, not until now." I replied back. All he did was hum back to me and sit back in his chair.

Soon enough, the waiter came to our table and gave us the tea selection paper. Alastor handed it to me. "Ladies first." I smiled a bit at this and held it in my hands. My eyes glanced over the rows or tea names and kinds. To me it seemed infinite, but when I saw raspberry herbal tea, I knew I wanted to order it." Once I finished looking over the menu, I handed it over to Alastor. 

He simply scanned over it quickly, and sat it down on the edge of the table. "So, what kind will you be getting, Merlin?" I looked over at him and answered back. "I'm going to get the raspberry herbal tea. What about you?" He put his hands in his lap and just as I had, he answered me. "Just some assam black tea. I like it's bitterness."

Well that was different. Usually people I knew liked sweet and rich kinds of teas, but no. Alastor seemed opposite and liked the bitter, sour tastes in tea. Not that it was bad, just different. During the few minutes before the waitress came by, I talked with Alastor. I had learned he really loved jambalaya, specifically his mother's. "My mother once showed me a wonderful recipe for Jambalaya. In fact, it nearly killed her! Hahaha!" He said with a laugh at the end. 

I even told him about how I used to collect sap with my dad and turn it into syrup. Such fun times when I was little. It was just me, my family, and the towering trees above. "Oh, so you lived in the forest?" He asked. I nodded my head just as the waitress came over. "Have we come to our decisions?" She asked while she took out her notepad and pencil. 

Alastor motioned me to go first, so I did. "May I have the raspberry herbal tea?" I said. "Of course, and for you sir?" She said, looking over at Alastor. "Ah yes, might I have the Assam black tea. I just adore a kick in the morning." The waitress smiled and drew down our orders before leaving. "Your orders will be out shortly." She said as she left.

It was just Alastor and I left to talk again. He mostly ranted about how he loved doing his radio station. Also, he liked venice. Deer meat. That kinda didn't set right with me, especially with Maggie being a close little friend to me. Over time, I had gained a close bond with her. I even had a picnic in the backyard with her.

With minutes passing by, the tea was finally brought out on a beautiful and decorated china set. The waitress, holding it with one arm, set it down on the table between us in the middle. Two teapots were full of our specified teas, smoke arising into the air from them. 

As the lady walked away, both of us got to pour our teas in the teacups that were on the tray. I could smell the sweetness of my raspberry tea and not far from me, the Assam black tea bitterness. I brought the warm cup of tea to my lips and took a sip, immediately feeling warm and fuzzy inside. 

I melted, literally, and took small sips of my tea, liking the flavor and how well they brewed it. Alastor had picked his up and took a big gulp of his. "Ahh! Delicious, don't you think, Merlin?" I snapped out of my warm, fuzzy daze and looked over at Alastor. I nodded and took more sips of my tea. 

For the rest of the time, we drank tea and talked about simple things. "Favorite color." He asked.

 "Green"

Then I asked my question. "Favorite drink." 

"Whiskey or water"

He asked next. "Favorite meat?"

"Prime rib."

Then I asked. "Hobbies or things you find fun?"

"I enjoy dancing, hunting, and seeing my mother."

The questions went back and forth and became carefree and fun. It felt like I knew this guy forever, but really I haven't. In the little time at the tea shop, I had bonded with him more than anyone I knew, except for my family of course. 

As we were leaving, he locked his arm with mine and walked me back to the bar. The door was now open, so I opened the door and looked back at him. "See you later, Alastor. Thank you for the fun time." I said. He smiled brightly and had his hands behind his back. "Of course dear. Anything for such a nice lady like yourself." Aw, now that was nice of him to say. 

I simply waved, and he did too. Then we parted ways, glad about the time we had spent together. The tea was wonderful, but making this new bond might just be the cherry on top.