𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚝

When I woke, my morning routine was the same. I got up, showered, then got dressed and brushed my hair. I went and made some eggs and bacon and ate. The only difference was the radio. I now listened to it. 

"Salutations and good morning! It's your host Alastor. I'm here again with speculation on today's weather; It will be nice and sunny!" I was currently sitting at my dining room table, eating some eggs as I listened. "Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for any suspicious individuals. The police still haven't caught the New Orleans Devil and need your humble services of just keeping watch on your casual days."

I still can't believe there was a killer on the loose. I mean, It's not my fault that I didn't know before. But anyways, It is good that I know now. I can be more observant and see if anyone is suspicious just as Alastor recommended people do.

With a few scraps on my plate, I finish up my breakfast and walk into the kitchen to wash off the plate and set it in the sink. I walk out and grab my bag, putting the keys in as I then go in the dining room and shut the radio off. When I slipped my shoes on, I was ready to go.

I walked out of my house, locking it as I did, and went to the bus station. As usual, I got on and sat in the back, watching outside the window as it drove. When I got to the city, I got off and headed to work, passing groups of people on the busy sidewalks. Everyone seemed to be going off in the respective places just as I am.

When I got to work, I entered and looked around as employees were going around and slowly getting it ready for customers. It seemed like it would be a relaxed, slow morning, so I wasn't in a rush either. I got to the stage and hopped up, making my way to the door. I pushed it open and was met with my band members.

"Good morning everyone." I called out as I sat down on a chair I sorta took ownership of. Jack looked at me and smiled brightly. "Good morning Miss Merlin! Good sleep?" He asked, in which I replied that yes, I did get good sleep. I always did. Andrew was again cleaning the guitar, which made me think if he has OCD because of how he compulsively takes care of that guitar. 

Lucy glanced at me, and when she did, she got up from her seat. She grabbed inside her bag and handed me a piece of paper. "Here's the song order for today. That's a new one, so I don't expect you to know it." She said as I glanced over all the songs. 

"No, I know the song. I heard it on my radio last night." Her eyes lit up and she nodded. "Alright then." She went back over to her seat as I then checked the clock. "I'm going to head out. See you guys on stage." I said as I got off my chair and set my bag on the floor.

I walked out of the door and sat at my piano, just tapping a few keys. I let a yawn slip as I noticed my band starting to come out. They all got to their instruments, or brought them from the room, and we all started to play. A few minutes later, customers flooded in. 

For the rest of the day, that was all we did. We enjoyed playing our songs and during breaks, we laughed together when we chatted in the back. I got to learn that Fanny, even though she doesn't speak a lot to tell me anything, really does love Jambalaya. She told me all about it, which was shocking, but I didn't stop her.

She said it was a pretty famous kind of food and many people loved how traditional it was. Usually it had meats like shrimp, cajun sausage, and chicken, but sometimes people only used 2 or other meats. In my opinion, I really wanted to try some. The way she described it made me hungry.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

It was the afternoon now. More people than ever were in the bar, having a good time. From all the people there, I wanted to talk to Alastor for my break. 

"I'm gonna talk to Alastor. I'll be back guys." I say as I walk out from the back room. I hop off the stage and as I do, look for where Alastor would probably be. The bar.

I make my way through people, not bumping into anyone, and eventually find him sitting and drinking some whiskey. I hop up onto a bar chair beside him and he turns to look at me. "Good afternoon Alastor." I say, greeting him with a small smile. He, as usual, has a smile on his face already, but it brightens slightly when he sees me.

"Ah, greetings Merlin. It's always nice to see you!" He said as he took a sip of his whiskey. "What can I do for you? Or did you come here just to chat. Either is fine with me dear." I technically did come here to ask him a question, but also I wanted to chat. I did see him as a friend, so I do like talking with him.

"Well both actually. I listened to you on the radio last night and this morning. What's this New Orleans Devil stuff?" I asked, which made Alastor hum and tap his glass with a finger. "Just a serial killer going around. Why do you ask?" 

"I was curious, that's all. I would hate to get jumped going back home." I said with a not very comedic chuckle. Alastor laughed a bit and shook his head. "I'm sure that won't happen. No need to worry, Merlin. No need to worry at all!" He smiled and took another drink of his whiskey.

The bartender, which I knew, came by. "Hey Mer, want anything?" She asked as she cleaned out a glass. "Oh, sure. I'll just have some soda." She did a finger gun at me and hurried away through the bar. "You gotcha." She said with a cheeky attitude. In less than a minute, I was slid a cup full of Dr. Pepper. 

I took a sip of it and returned my focus to chat with Alastor, who was drinking his whiskey, watching me with patience until I could talk some more. "So you like Dr. Pepper?" He asked as he took a big gulp of his whiskey, finishing it off, which kinda was impressive to me, a non-drinker. Well, I do drink, but very rarely. 

"I do." I responded as he was loaded up with some more whiskey. He hummed and trapped his fingers on the glass before taking a sip. "What about tea?" He asked. "Yes, I like tea as well." I said as I drank some more of my soda.

"Enough to join me at a tea shop I saw today?" He asked with a convincing smile. I chuckled a bit and took a big gulp of my soda. "Are you asking me to have tea with you, Alastor?" I asked with a smirk. I finished my soda and my friend the bartender stole the glass from me.

I leaned one of my arms on the bar and rested my chin on my fist, giving a teasing look. "Yes, I am." He replied, doing the same thing as I was. I laughed a little and looked into his brown eyes. "Then who am I to say no?" He stopped leaning his chin on his fist and now sat back in the bar chair. "Wonderful. I'll meet you in front of the bar at 9 tomorrow morning. Sounds good to you?" I nodded my head right when someone yelled across the bar.

"Merlin get your booty over here!" It was Lucy yelling for me. It seemed that my break was over. I turned my head and saw as she stomped over here, grabbing me herself. She gave one look at Alastor and did a humble hmph at him, something she did often. "Don't you be stealing our girl, Alastor. We need her to play the piano." She said as she dragged me away. 

While I was being dragged away, I waved a simple bye to Alastor, and he did the same. He watched me get dragged away from him and he held a big smile. I was quite excited to have tea with him tomorrow. It would seem to me to be a fun experience, one I have never done before.

I returned to the stage with Lucy and then we began to play again. Music filled the bar once again, and it was a good day. I later went home, successful in not getting killed, and got into my nightgown. I went to my kitchen and looked out the window, expecting to see Maggie again.

Maggie was there, waiting for me. I had fed her and gave her pets as once again we listened to the Alastor on the radio. I then set off to bed in an excited manner, happy to be invited to tea.