𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

The day had gone by swiftly and before I even knew it, I was out the door, leaving to go home. It was humid and slightly chilly as I ran down the lonely streets. Barely anyone was out except for late workers such as me.

I arrived at a bus stop and hugged myself from any wind that flew by. The bus eventually did come, and eagerly I stepped on and took a seat. While I sat, I thought about how the day had gone. In my mind, It was an absolutely wonderful day. I had become good acquaintances and friends with the rest of the band and also got to meet some of the waitresses. 

All were friendly, some maybe shy, and were so welcoming to me. Many of the customers had even commented on my sudden appearance and how it was nice to have a pianist on stage. They usually smiled at me and were friendly in attitude, even praising my skills.

Erle had brought lunch for everyone to have during noon and we ate together. I got to learn some more about the people I work with, such as Lucy. I learned that she had been playing saxophone since she was just a young child. Her mother had bought her a saxophone from a thrift store and she had forever been in love with the instrument.

We chatted, the whole group of us, and laughed together at some jokes. It was a very carefree and fun environment as we ate. When the lunch break had ended, we returned back to the stage and started to play again. I was In such a swing that time flew past once again and work had ended. 

Now I sit here, on the bus with a slight smile still painted on my face. I was content at the moment, glad at the new connections I made with people. Also, I was glad to get home. It was a nice feeling to be in a new house and you could just about do anything you wanted during your free time.

For instance, I want to buy a radio now. I had heard Andrew talking to Jack about the radio broadcasts and how he always loved to listen to them. Not only did it keep him updated on the news, but the music was pretty good too. 

I sat in thought and looked out at the dark sky. The moon was high above, currently in a crescent, and had stars shimmering around it. It was truly a beautiful sight and helped pass the time as the bus rode its merry little way to the rural areas around New Orleans where I lived. 

Once it had stopped not far from my house at a bus stop, I got off the bus and made my way home on the sidewalks. Some wind brushed my hair back and so I just decided I would let it go anyways. I was almost to my house, so It wouldn't completely matter.

I reached back as I walked and pulled out my bun, my long blonde hair flying behind me in the wind. It felt good to let my hair loose, since it was constrained all day as I worked. 

My pace was quick as I finally arrived home. I fumbled in my over the shoulder bag and grabbed out my keys, using them to open the door. As I walked in, I put them away in my bag and shut the door behind me, locking it. My hands moved to the light switch and the room was illuminated.

The first thing I decided to do was go into my room, set my bag down on the dresser, and take off my shoes. I then made my way into my kitchen and got some water from the sink, drinking it and setting the glass back down. I then moved over to my fridge and opened it, grabbing a carrot that somehow made its way present in my fridge.

I washed it off then nibbled on it slowly, just dozing off from how tired I was. There was a window to the right of me, right next to the fridge and on the wall above the cabinets. Nothing was very interesting about that window... except there were 2 beady green looking dots staring at me.

It raised my suspicion and so I opened my back down from the kitchen, looking out into the darkness. Nothing really seemed out there, but I knew there was at least something. And there was, a deer. It was a doe and had been standing not far from the door, only about 6 feet. 

Both of us just stared at each other, not moving or making and sounds. It stayed that way until It moved towards me slowly, taking cautious steps. I wonder why it was coming near me. Deer where I was raised always ran if even a step could be heard.

As the deer approached me, its head ducked down towards my hand and sniffed me, or well, the carrot I had. That must have been why it came over then. The doe just wanted some food. 

While I stayed pretty still, I offered the rest of the carrot to the deer. It, in return, started to nibble on the carrot as I watched in fascination. Never in my whole life had I ever thought I would be this close up to a deer. It was truly a wonderful occurrence.

The deer had now finished the carrot and nudged my hand with its wet nose. It almost made me laugh a little bit, but I didn't, not wanting to stir the deer at all. I would hate to disturb it now just as it had started trusting me.

It kept nudging my hand, so I slowly and cautiously pet its muzzle. The doe didn't flinch or run away, instead it just stayed put and allowed me to pet it, almost looking as if it enjoyed the pets. I smiled as I pet this deer, enjoying the moment as it lasted. 

For a while I had pet it, but eventually, it did go away, and so did I. I returned back inside my house and shut the back door, shocked and overjoyed at the experience that just occurred to me. 

With swift steps, I decided I could sleep on it and shut the lights off in my house, except for the lamp in my bedroom. I walked in and got dressed into one of my nightgowns, then brushed my hair. I took my time and made sure I got each strand before jumping into bed and getting comfortable.

Again, just as I had before, I looked out my window and gazed at the stars and moon. It brought me peace and soothed me. Eventually, it even brought me to sleep. What a day it had been.