𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐

The day at work was nice, especially since I had some tea to energize me. My fingers were starting to get sore from how much I played the piano, but it never lasted too long when I gave them a little stretch. When it came around to breaks, I just spent them with my band members. It was nice to have a laugh with them.

I had just played for a while, and I got to have another break. I was planning to go to the bar and see Mary, a waitress that I wanted to see. She said she wanted to show some photos of her pet cat and I, being an animal lover, said I'd be around to see them during a break. It was just around time I'd get off and fewer people were around, so I thought it would be no better time than now to head over.

I once again hopped off the stage and made my way to the bar, looking around for Mary. I turned to the bartender and asked her where Mary went, but she didn't really know either. I walked around and glanced in between clusters of people, but I couldn't find her.

As I started walking back to the stage, I felt myself get grabbed around the waist. I got very shocked and squeaked a simple ah! I twisted my head around to see none other than Alastor. "Alastor, hey. Could you... let go?" I asked, which he did let go of me, allowing me to turn around to face him.

"Hello, lady." He said with a goofy smile, making me suspicious. "Dance wif me, Merlin. Please?" Whenever I heard him say with wrong and slur it, I knew he was probably drunk. "Alastor, how much did you drink." He blinked and pulled his hand close to his face, counting fingers one by one. It went well over 6 and he had then just given up and shrugged.

I sighed and tugged on his arm, trying to walk him to a table so that he could sit down. "Come on Alastor, sit down. You could fall for being this drunk." He didn't budge and instead spun me around into him. "Alastor you sly fox!" I laughed. "I can't dance with you. I'm the one who plays the music silly."

He laughed back and held onto me. "I will ask Lucy.." He muttered as he swayed me back and forth, rocking me. Just in time, my friends had started to come out onto the stage, some glancing at me and Alastor. Lucy put her hands on her hips when she saw us both and stood at the end of the stage, looking down at us.

"Lucyyyyy!" He said with a smile. "Could I have a dance with her? Please?" Lucy sighed sharply and took a moment to make her decision. "Fine. Just for one song." She said as she got to her saxophone. The band, hearing them talk, began to play without me up there.

Once the song started, Alastor looked down at me with a smile. "Shall we, Merlin?" I nodded slightly, so he grabbed ahold of my right hand and tucked a hand on my lower back. The music was just the fun beat for this dance he was starting and I fell into the groove, having a good time. Alastor was very good at dancing and didn't even slip up once, which was impressive to me.

When we finished our dance, I smiled ear to ear, and Alastor, as usual, was too. I had to get back to playing the piano, so I brought Alastor to a table to sit down. He didn't fight back against it as I sat him down. Before I ran onto the stage and sat at my piano, I got him some water from the bar and told him not to move until I was done with work.

Since he was still drunk, I could not risk him roaming around the streets trying to remember where he lived, especially not with a serial killer around. Goodness knows what could happen to him.

I returned back to my piano and the band continued playing. About half an hour passed and work was finally over for me. I said goodbye to Jack, Lucy, Andrew, Fanny, and Mike, then headed over to see Alastor asleep on the table, barely making a sound.

I couldn't help but smile at this and trapped his shoulder. He lifted his head and yawned, smiling at me softly. "Good morning.." He chuckled tiredly. "Uh-huh. Hey, we can go now, I'm off work." I said as he got up from the chair, coming beside me, and rubbing his eyes.

Once I hooked my arm with his, I started to guide him outside the bar, feeling the slight breeze against my face. I stopped before we went any farther and looked up at him. "So, where do you live? I need to drop you off." Alastor had a blank face for a minute but finally replied. "I think... I... I don't know." He looked disappointed in his failure to remember and hung his head low.

I thought about what to do with him since both of us don't know where his home is at the moment. Also, he's drunk and I don't want him to roam around and get killed. It seems the only logical option is to take him to my house and let him sleep over on the couch.

"Okay Alastor, we'll head to my house then." I started to drag him to a bus stop and waited with him as he was half falling asleep. When a bus came, I put him in the back and sat next to him, getting off at my stop. When I took him off the bus, he glanced around with curiosity. "You live outside of the city?"

"Yep." I started my walk to my house, guiding him along the way. When I got to my house, I grabbed out the keys and opened the door. Alastor slowly walked in behind me, a bit wobbly still, and looked around at everything. I set my bag down in my room and came back to the living room, seeing Alastor standing there still.

"Here, sit down." I pointed to the couch. He went over to it and almost tripped over his own foot, but sat down nonetheless. I grabbed a blanket from the closet in the hallways and walked back over to him, handing it to him. "I'm sleeping here?" He asked, looking up at me like a confused puppy.

"Yes, Alastor. You're still drunk." He laid down on the couch and put his head down on one of the couch pillows. I went to the living room light switch and waited until he was all settled and tucked in. "Good night, Alastor. If you need anything, just wake me up." I then flicked off the light switch and went to the kitchen. I grabbed out some carrots and took an apple from the counter.

I opened the back door and found Maggie on the patio lying down, waiting for me. Within a few minutes, I gave her pets and fed her, then went back inside. I then went to my room, closing the door behind me.

I got dressed into a nightgown and brushed my hair. My shoes were already off as I had slipped them off at the front door. I walked out of my room and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth real quick. When I was done, I headed to bed and fell asleep easily.

In the living room, Alastor was staring at the ceiling and thinking about how he had such a good time with a person like Merlin. He smiled at this and shuffled around on the couch, getting a comfortable spot before falling into a deep sleep.

The night was silent with the moon and stars shining above. Both were sleeping soundlessly and everything was good.