𝙴𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛

When I woke, I stretched and felt the comfort of my own bed. The blankets were draped over me as I looked down, seeing I had another blanket on. I was confused as I usually only have my one blanket on, and this blanket had just appeared. 

Without thinking too much about it, I got up and got dressed for my Sunday off of work. I then got my hair brushed and walked out of my room, immediately smelling something good from the kitchen. I remembered Alastor had slept over here and hurried to the kitchen, finding him standing by the stove. 

"Alastor? Are you cooking?" I asked as I walked around the corner. He stopped what he was doing and turned his head to me, a smile making its way. "Why of course I am. It's only right for me to help from having me stay over." He turned his head back over to the stove and poked at some eggs. 

"What kind of egg do you like, Merlin?" He asked as I walked over to the dining room. "Sunny side up please." I replied as I turned on the radio, music flooding into my ears. I returned back to the kitchen and came right beside Alastor, looking at how well he actually cooked the food. 

There was bacon, which I was going to save for another date, but I will take it anytime, and eggs. I loved the smell of them together as I breathed the aroma. "That looks great Alastor." I remarked as I went and got some plates from my upper cabinets. I placed them beside the stove so that he could place the finished food on them. 

I made my way back into the dining room and before I knew it, Alastor had come in with 2 plates in his hands. Both of us sat down and he slid my plate over to me. He paused for a moment and just looked around the table. "Ah, I forgot utensils."

I smirked and raised 2 forks from under the table. "No, you didn't." I laughed. I passed him over a fork and then we had our breakfast. Honestly, It was really good. We chatted a bit and commented on the radio, but it was mostly just us quietly eating.

When we had finished eating, I took the plates and rinsed them in the sink, leaving them there for me to wash later. Alastor was in the dining room, tapping his foot on the ground to the music. He stood in front of the radio and just danced a bit. I watched from around the corner with a smile and snickered. 

He turned his head when he saw I came back and laughed with me. "Hah! I have amazing dance moves, don't I Merlin?" He asked as continued hitting his foot to the beat. "Sure Alastor, sure." He smiled and looked back over to the radio, looking as If he was thinking.

"Well, I think I must get on my way. Work calls." He said as he stopped dancing along to the music. Alastor came over to me swiftly and grabbed my hand, placing a kiss on it. "It was a true delight to have breakfast with you. And thank you for letting me sleep here." He said. I nodded in respect as I watched him now walk towards the door.

Before leaving, he simply waved with a smile, then went out the door. I looked down at my hand and wondered why he did that. To me it was weird since nobody had even done that before, and maybe because Alastor caught me off guard in doing so.

Anyways, after he had left, I walked into my backyard from the back door and walked around. I went by the edge of the woods and looked around, searching for my furry friend Maggie. "Maggie!" I called out, awaiting her to come out. After a minute or so, I became worried that something had happened to her. 

It didn't last long because when I called her name one more time, a deer came running out of the woods, hopping over to me. She ran right over to me and jumped up and down, pushing her face into me. I laughed wholeheartedly and greeted her back with pets and a smile.

"Hi Mags! How've you been!" I laughed as I pet her. She was very hyper when she nudged me and seemed in a very playful mood. I couldn't help but also get bubbly and energetic by her attitude. I guess attitude is sometimes contagious. 

Maggie nibbled on my hand and dragged me in different ways. She pulled me around and made her way to the woods with me. I looked in there and heard so many nature noises. I could hear birds chirping around and other such things.

I looked down at Maggie, and she looked back up at me. With a smile, I started to follow her through the woods. We walked for a long time, and as we did, I remembered which way was back home. I was not stupid enough to get lost.

Maggie stopped every now and then to eat some berries off a bush or sniff a tree, but other than that, we just trampled on. At the moment, we are standing still in an area not too far from my house. It was a clearing where there weren't any tall trees that covered it.

I stood beside Maggie and patted her on the back as she bit at something on the ground. I raised a brow in question and bent over, looking at what she was nibbling at. "What do you have there, Maggie?" I asked as I nudged her away from it. She stopped biting it and I could see it clearly.

After a good inspection, I could see it was a gun casing. Someone had been here before and shot a gun, probably for hunting. That made me remember that it was hunting season still and it wasn't the smartest to be out here. It would be horrible to be mistaken for a deer. Really horrible if that would happen.

Maggie stayed by my side as she then swiveled her eyes, obviously catching a sound that I couldn't hear. I stayed quiet as she looked around in all directions, until she looked at a far away bush. She stayed still, completely frozen in place. "What is-"

PANG

A gun sounded and right before my foot was a bullet in the dirt. I gasped in shock and immediately got pissed off. "Okay, what the hell!" I yelled as I made my way to the bush. A man with a gun raised out of the bush and stood across from me. I stopped a good 6 feet away from him with a sour expression.

"What were you thinking sir! You could've shot me!" I yelled, clearly not happy that I almost got shot in the foot. He raised his hands and turned his head to a side. "Sorry, I wasn't trying to shoot you." Oh, so he was trying to kill Maggie? No way, that was even worse.

"Does she look like a hunk of meat to you? I hate to say this, but she is more than that." I said. He just had a blank expression on, a slight frown, but nothing more. "Listen lady, I can shoot a deer if I need to get some food. Don't stress your pretty little face about it." I narrowed my eyes at him once he said that. "Just go back to your house or something. You shouldn't even be out here." 

I walked back to Maggie, who was watching us fight, and patted her on the head. I leaned close to her ear and whispered. "Seems like we found another idiot, Mags." Maggie nudged me in the face as I looked back at the man, seeing he now had the gun in his hands again. 

"Get! If you wanna stay and scare the game, I will shoot you lady. I don't have time for this." He said, waving his gun a bit. I frowned at him and walked away, Maggie following me. I couldn't believe someone would be that rude. The whole time I got back to my house, I felt uncomfortable. I didn't know why, but it could have been because of that situation. 

Nonetheless, the trip back was not as comforting as I thought it would be. I was still shaken up, but as I returned home, everything felt just slightly better.