Chapter 1

In the bustling town of Paldea, where the streets buzzed with the energy of both humans and Pokémon alike, Rex, the renowned Fire-type Gym Trainer and Broadway performer, bid farewell to his final curtain call of the day. With a flourish of his cape, he exited the stage, his loyal Pokémon companions, Charizard, Groudon, and Reshiram, trailing behind him.

" Another spectacular performance, Rex! " exclaimed a fan as they approached for an autograph.

" Thank you kindly, " Rex replied with a warm smile, indulging the eager crowd before making his exit.

Meanwhile, across town, Aquaria, the spirited water-type trainer and researcher, and her ever-enthusiastic buddy, K, the dragon-type gym leader and museum owner, found themselves embroiled in an unexpected escapade.

*a few hours earlier*

Aqua looked down to see the relic on her necklace.

It looked quite odd and different from any other relics she had researched about on Earth.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the desert landscape, Aquaria couldn't shake the nagging curiosity that gnawed at her mind.

She stared down at the shimmering necklace adorning her neck, its blue hues reflecting the fading light.

Beside her, K, her ever-sneaky companion, lounged lazily on a nearby rock.

" What's on your mind, Aqua? " K asked, breaking the silence that hung between them.

Aqua hesitated, her fingers tracing the intricate patterns of her necklace. " It's just... I can't help but wonder about this relic, " she admitted, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

K perked up at the mention of the relic, her curiosity piqued. " You mean the one that's similar to mine and Rex’s? " she asked, her eyes alight with interest.

Aqua nodded, a spark of excitement igniting within her. " Yes, exactly! I've always wondered about its origins and its true power, "

A mischievous grin spread across K's face as an idea formed in her mind. " Well, why don't you find out for yourself? " she suggested, her tone playful.

Aqua's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. " What do you mean? "

K's grin widened as she reached up to loosen the scarf draped around her neck, revealing the relic embedded within.

" Borrow my scarf, " she offered, her eyes twinkling with mischief. " It has my relic on it, just like your necklace. Maybe they'll react somehow "

Aqua's eyes widened in surprise at the suggestion.

" Are you sure? " she asked, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

K shrugged nonchalantly. " Why not? It could be fun! "

( skimkpy skoopu )

As Aqua rummaged through her cluttered workspace, searching for a tool to aid in her research, her fingers brushed against the two relics dangling from her neck.

With a curious glance, she reached out to grab the desired item, but her grip faltered, and the relics slipped from her grasp, tumbling to the floor below.

With a startled gasp, Aqua watched in dismay as the two artifacts collided with a resounding clatter.

Before she could react, a sudden gust of wind swept through the room, stirring the papers scattered across her desk and sending a shiver down her spine.

Aqua's eyes widened in astonishment as a swirling vortex of purple energy materialized before her, casting an otherworldly glow that bathed the room in an eerie light. Instinctively, she took a step back, her heart pounding in her chest as she gazed upon the mysterious portal that had appeared in her very own bedroom.