Chapter 3: Freedom

In the quiet house in the middle of the woods where Ryan lives, his house is abuzz with activity. Ryan and a handful of his friends are bustling around, hanging decorations, and preparing for the party. Laughter and conversation fill the rooms, creating a lively and jubilant atmosphere. Meanwhile, Ryan's parents are in another part of the house, calmly packing their bags for an out-of-state work meeting.

Ryan's mother, always the worrier, looks at him, a hint of concern in her eyes. "Are you sure this party is only a birthday party with just seven guests?" she questions, trying to hide her anxiety.

Ryan rolls his eyes good-naturedly, "Yes, mom! I've told you like ten times already. Just go to your work meeting and try to have some fun...I guess."

His mother gives him a stern look, softening as she speaks, "Okay, just...please be safe. And look after your brother!"

Ryan's dad chimes in at that moment, a twinkle in his eye, "And don't do anything I would do!" He then shuts the door and Ryan watches through the window as their car pulls away. A cheer erupts among his friends and they get back to decorating, high-fiving each other in celebration.

"So..." Karla breaks the silence, "We are going shopping, aren't we?"

Sandy rolls her eyes, "Well, no duh."

Brenda chimes in, "Unless you didn't bring money."

Karla grins, "I did! My mom gave me 50 and my dad gave me 50! So I have 100!" The group stares at her in shock, their parents having given them only 40 each. They board the bus amidst laughter and chatter, heading towards the mall.

The scene then shifts to Ethan, Jocksan, and Angel, engaged in a thrilling car race. The scene then moves to Chloe and Billy, who are shopping at Target for new clothes.

Chloe holds up a shirt, "You like this shirt, babe?"

Billy smiles at her, "I do, dear."

It's finally the eve of the much-anticipated event, Tuesday night. The palpable excitement fills the air as everyone busily prepares their outfits for the grand gathering tomorrow night.

After a quick kiss, the scene switches to Katiana and Henry, who are grimacing at the couple's display of affection. They giggle and dash off in the other direction. The next stop is the local gym, where Christopher and Alexander are working out. Finally, it's Merida and Angie, enjoying a meal at Burger King.

Everyone is savoring the first day of spring break, with the anticipation of Wednesday's party adding to the excitement.